"When any alarm" then what?

avpman

I have an event that triggers "When any Alarm" and sets certain devices and turns others off. How do I create another event for when the alarm is cleared so I can undo some of the things I set during the alarm?

I know I can check users and determine if they disarmed the panel but I'd need to check all users to make that work. I have to be missing something?

Thanks in advance.

You can add a flag FLAG-ALRM and turn it on when alarm activates. Then add the following event:

EVERY 5 SECONDS
        AND IF AREA 1 ANY ALARM NOT ACTIVATED
        AND IF FLAG-ALRM ON
            THEN FLAG-ALRM OFF
            (Do other things)

You can just use When OFF, Any Code.  

But be very careful of the "When any Alarm" trigger.  When the alarm is triggered, it switches to another mode where alarm actions have 100% of the processing power, and the alarm won't run most programming, or will run it REALLY slowly.  This is so nothing can interfere with the alarm.  I haven't found it a reliable trigger, so I would stay away from it, if you can.

ano said:
You can just use When OFF, Any Code.  

But be very careful of the "When any Alarm" trigger.  When the alarm is triggered, it switches to another mode where alarm actions have 100% of the processing power, and the alarm won't run most programming, or will run it REALLY slowly.  This is so nothing can interfere with the alarm.  I haven't found it a reliable trigger, so I would stay away from it, if you can.
Thanks, I did not know this about the controller. I only need to send two commands upon alarm; 1) Send a UPB Link, 2) Pulse one of the Omni Outputs for 1 second. The other alternative is to find a (if such a thing exists) module with a contact closure input or 12v input which will then generate some UPB commands. As you might have guessed I want to flash or turn on all the interior lights when an alarm is triggered. I do already, have one light tied to the Omni Panel's "Flash for Alarm" setting. But the Omni doesn't provide for more than that.

mikefamig said:
Whenever "is disarmed" might work. The system does become disarmed when you acknowledge the alarm.

Mike.
Perfect! I'll try it when I can get my three Boxers out of the house. They go nuts when the alarm goes off!

Back