Whole house surge protection - options?

PaulD

Had planed to use a whole house surge protection device (Watts Dog) from my electrical service provider (OG&E) until I learned that they limit that service at 200 amp of service. I have 450 amp service thus I do not have that option. I would still like to have whole house protection if possible. My house walls are still open, most wiring is in place and run to the service panel (2 ea with 225 amp master braker in each) but nothing is connected yet.
What are my options to add whole house surge protection?

Had planed to use a whole house surge protection device (Watts Dog) from my electrical service provider (OG&E) until I learned that they limit that service at 200 amp of service. I have 450 amp service thus I do not have that option. I would still like to have whole house protection if possible. My house walls are still open, most wiring is in place and run to the service panel (2 ea with 225 amp master braker in each) but nothing is connected yet.
What are my options to add whole house surge protection?

Search the net. Such items do exist, here is just one I found.

http://sales.apttvss.com/surgeassure/SA_Cutsheets/TE1RI.pdf

I am not suggesting this unit as I know nothing about it. I have 600 amp service and I have a unit that the electrical contractor installed.

Keep looking.

Back