Wiring two smart switches in parallel to the same load

I am also running ring to MQTT plugin and Alexa Media plugin and ONVIF to MQTT plugin on this box.

The micro PC does Windows SAPI speech and uses Alexa devices TTS ==> Russound audio system.

I mix the audio output from PC with the audio output of one Amazon Alexa Dot to the Russound system.

So I can manage the OmniPro system main house and Ring alarm system in second house.

So I got into the SEL box locally.

Did a factory reset, started up, got inside. 
Couldn't register the software.

User the Homeseer registrition recovery link to make sure I had the right info.
On THAT list was a SECOND SEL password and registration ID.  That one got me in the system.
I purchased in Non 2019 just as they were going from HS3 to HS4. 
This is an HS3 machine, but they only sent me the HS4 code for it originally.

So now I am in, but having the same problem with find.homeseer.com.

The check mark in the tools>labs section is checked.
The Tooltip for that box states that it will "Register the Homeseer WAN IP Address" with the server.  And THAT is the problem, because the IP addresses on my AT&T cellular internet are spoofed. 

I am able to download and install the plugins I have registered, and activate them.
I was able to upgrade the box to the 3..0.0.551 version of HS3.

The instructions to upgrade to HS4 state to go through find.homeseeer.com, so I'm stuck again.

HomeTroller SEL - HS4 - HomeSeer Docs

I don't understand this part.
I'm not finding Homeseer, even when navigating ont he local machine browser.

"When you visit find.homeseer.com while local to your system, you will see the system's name as well as a Maintenance link. 

NoteFind.HomeSeer.com may be cached and still pointing you to /php/Main.html. Try changing Main.html to Main.php

Note: Find.homeseer.com will not detect HomeSeer software if using a VPN."

How do I "change Main.html to Main.php"?

I'm not on a VPN, but I think my Cell Modem is acting like one.

I have a mobile hotspot with a T-mobile card in it and am having the same problem.

And THAT is the problem, because the IP addresses on my AT&T cellular internet are spoofed. 

I do not use the Homeseer cloud.

For registration and the findhomeseer stuff create a hot spot on your cell phone and connect Homeseer to that.

Personally here installed HS4 on a different box and left the two HS3 boxes alone.

I prefer at this time to continue to use HS3 and just testing HS4.  

The instructions to upgrade to HS4 state to go through find.homeseeer.com, so I'm stuck again.

Easier to just download HS4 over here ==> Homeseer Downloads and install it.

I'm not on a VPN, but I think my Cell Modem is acting like one.

If you google search your internet IP "what is my ip" can you ping it?

Just purchased a new LTE CPE for backup ISP.  It has a built in WAP, 4 network ports and 2 RJ-11 phone ports.  Just noticed yesterday that I am getting an IP6 address from it (and IP4).  If I shut down primary XFinity account and use failover ISP...works fine here.

Just enabled DDNS via noip dot com and it registers an internet address just fine.

Will shut down primary interface and test CPE failover with Homeseer.

BTW here have a couple of Ocelots that are still configured for use but haven't used them in a while.

What's my IP returns different results on different devices on my network.
When I first changed over and discovered my DDNS no longer worked, I did some research and learned the cell towers don't pass the true IP address for security reasons.

I'll take the advice of getting HS3 back up and running now that I'm in the local box. Thanks.

I did have a problem with the plug-ins. I hab a previous Raspberry Pi instance of Homeseer, and when I installed the plugins on the SEL and tried to register them, I got an error.
So I think they may still be associated with the RPi instance, I don't know how to deregister, and I don't want to re purchase.
I gotta have the Omni plug in or this whole exercise is moot.

I probably need to edit my equipment list, deactivated the Ocelot a while ago...still have it. Loved that thing.

Desert_AIP said:
What's my IP returns different results on different devices on my network.
When I first changed over and discovered my DDNS no longer worked, I did some research and learned the cell towers don't pass the true IP address for security reasons.
Your home Internet has a different IP address from the cellular network. Those are two separate networks.  You only have one public IP address on your local home Internet so your router doles out local addresses. The cellular network gives you your very own IP address, but it is an IP6 address and it likely changes at times, but it IS your real IP address. On your phone browser, with your Wi-Fi on your phone turned OFF, go to a site with your phone browser like WhatIsMyIP.com and it will tell you your IP6 address. Mine at this moment is 2607:fb90:e526:f0e8:9ea:be56:985f:b81a. 

Yeah here one feature on the CPE is DDNS which I configured today and working.  Both IP4 and IP6 address has stayed the same now for a few hours.

Interesting did a who is my IP address and see this:

NetRange: 28.0.0.0 - 28.255.255.255
CIDR: 28.0.0.0/8
NetName: DNIC-NET-028
NetHandle: NET-28-0-0-0-1
Parent: ()
NetType: Direct Allocation
OriginAS:
Organization: DoD Network Information Center (DNIC)
RegDate: 1996-03-11
Updated: 2009-03-23

Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/28.0.0.0

OrgName: DoD Network Information Center
OrgId: DNIC
Address: 3990 E. Broad Street
City: Columbus
StateProv: OH
PostalCode: 43218
RegDate:
Updated: 2011-08-17
Ref: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/DNIC

OrgTechHandle: MIL-HSTMST-ARIN
OrgTechName: Network DoD
OrgTechPhone: +1-844-347-2457
OrgTechEmail: [email protected]
OrgTechRef: https://rdap.arin.net/registry/entity/MIL-HSTMST-ARIN

Then read this:

why-is-the-defense-department-snooping-on-my-phone

ano said:
Your home Internet has a different IP address from the cellular network. Those are two separate networks.  You only have one public IP address on your local home Internet so your router doles out local addresses. The cellular network gives you your very own IP address, but it is an IP6 address and it likely changes at times, but it IS your real IP address. On your phone browser, with your Wi-Fi on your phone turned OFF, go to a site with your phone browser like WhatIsMyIP.com and it will tell you your IP6 address. Mine at this moment is 2607:fb90:e526:f0e8:9ea:be56:985f:b81a. 
No, I am on an AT&T cellular SIM in a modem feeding my LAN.

Every device reports different public IP address.

I'm not talking the 192.168.xxx.xxx internal IP address.

One device might be 10.72.67.123
Another reports 72.32.67.234

Those are not the real IP addresses of anything,, including the modem.
If I bring up the modem control screen, the external IP address it reports is still not correct.

Cellular was my only option after my DSL service atrophied to the point of uselessness.

Pete, I got my plugins reset by Homeseer and installed and the SEL looks like its communicating ok.
So ill have to set everything back up.
Right now I have a keyboard and monitor connected to it.

Can I open an SSH port in the SEL in the same manner as I do with Raspberry Pi?

I'll hold off on the HS4 upgrade. I'll have to go to friends house withcable internet to do it.

Thanks

Back