Would you recommend Zwave thermostats?

I haven't run accross a flush mount Z-Wave Thermostat - RCS thermostats are solid pieces of equipment. I have had A TZ16 Thermostat in my place for almost 3 yrs now -works great. Have 2 TZ43 Thermostats in my parents house for over a year and they also work great and much easier to install. -_-

I also have the Wayne-Dalton Thermostat and it is very nice. The price is great also. There are 3 classes of thermostats now written in the z-wave protocol. I am pretty sure the Wayne-Dalton uses the latest V2 class. Just for sanity sake you may want to ask what classes Nevo supports and what features they support. Either way for less than $90 you can't go wrong.

I also have the Wayne-Dalton Thermostat and it is very nice. The price is great also. There are 3 classes of thermostats now written in the z-wave protocol. I am pretty sure the Wayne-Dalton uses the latest V2 class. Just for sanity sake you may want to ask what classes Nevo supports and what features they support. Either way for less than $90 you can't go wrong.

Nevo recommends WD, HAI and RCS and the price is right on the WD model but I was really hoping for an attractive flush mount design because of where the thermostat is located in my home... Hmm... for less than $100 I think I'll give the WD a shot and I can always upgrade to a flush-mount if/when one becomes available.

I don't know but I'm guessing a flush mount design is harder because of the way they hie the actually temp sensor. They would have to account for that in the design I guess.

Back