ZWave “Instant Status” with 2GIG & Alarm.com

HAdiy

Over the weekend I added to my roughly 5 year old home control/automation (Zwave) system that is being controlled by a 2GIG controller via alarm.com. I purposely purchased Leviton Zwave switches to control fans as Ive had luck with them in the past for motor loads and they also support instant status where the status of a switch is immediately sent to the hub even when the switch is manually controlled. For lighting control, I decided to go with Zlink Zwave switches this go around simply because they also support instant status where my previous GE/Jasco switches did not. However, after a few days, I am unable to get an updated status on my alarm.com app when the new switches are manually controlled with either the Leviton or Zlink switches. My previous Leviton switches (same model #) however do provide instant status updates.

Can anyone share some insights into what may be going on and ultimately how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

I now see that there is a show light status option in the device configuration menu for each zwave device/light. It seems that Im only to enable instant status for up to 10 lights. Im assuming that is due to a time when most zwave switches had to poll to provide a real-time status and 2gig didnt want the polling to potentially affect other features if it had to poll many devices (ie: more than 10). Since now, many zwavs devices can provide a status without polling (after Lutrons patent expired), do you believe there is a way to increase the # of devices that will support instant stays in 2GiG? If so, is this something alarm.com or my service provider would have to allow?

Thanks.

Back