CocoonTech.com 2.5 Forum Upgrade

There is still a lot of work to do, but except for attachment file upload issues (still working on that one), I think most of the major issues have been resolved.
Blogs are back up and running as well.

Don't hesitate to post if you run into any problems.

The only thing I've seen, is it was a little harder to find the "Today's Posts" link:
h t t p : / / w w w . c o c o o n t e c h . c o m /forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=active

Still would like to find the "Since you last logged in" link.

--Dan

Dan - (Electron)

I can't seem to upload a .png or a .jpg file. In both cases, I get

"! Error This upload failed"

It's a known issue (see my last post), the error is too vague, so I am still trying to figure this one out :(

I love the new site; but I've noticed it doesn't love my iPad. If I try to go into the quick-reply, it crashes safari; if I try to do a full-reply, I can never actually type in the box. Also, the links don't work just by tapping them - I have to press & hold, wait for the menu, then hit Open Link - then it opens (only if I'm viewing all new items; seems to work if I just browse the forums).

Also - when in the forums, I haven't yet found a way to get to "new posts" - any thought on making the logo in the top left take you to the CT home page, rather than the CT Forums Home?

My $0.02

Monk,

Thanks for the pointer!

Work2Play, it's called "View New Content", in the upper right hand corner!

I didn't realize the new mobile site is up and running! I'll have to pop on later and take a gander!

--Dan

The problem with the iPad is a known issue it looks like (a bug in Safari).  That said, I disabled Rich Text Editing, since most members don't care and has other problems.  The iPad should be able to access the site now.

The logo/link to the main page will be fixed in a few days, the look is the last thing on my list, but it will be addressed for sure.

Alright, I just enabled the new search engine. Searches should be lightning fast, AND you will be able to search for 3 letter words ;) I think this will eliminate the need for having to use Google to search this site. Give it a shot, and let me know if there are any issues.

I was replying to a post, and I accidentally clicked on the vote this post up button, and it said I reached my quota for voting. Since I have never voted a post up or down I can only assume my quota is 0 ;) Is this "working as designed"? Just wanted to make you aware. Nice work on the site!

Matt

I assume there is no way to get the "previously read" status of the old site integrated into the new site? What I mean is that the new site assumes I have not read any of the posts, so when I go to "Goto First Unread Post" it goes to post #1 even if I have read the thread on the old site.

You can adjust how the 'view new content' behaves in your control panel. When I click on the 'Goto first unread post', it definitely works for me, but maybe there is a cookie issue in play here, since the software did change. Try deleting the cocoontech cookies, and let me know if this is still an issue.

cheekymonkey: the skin can't be changed right now. I have some issues with it as well, but it's something on my list once I take care of the technical issues.

Back