CocoonTech.com 2.5 Forum Upgrade

Thanks Steve -

I think you have control over those things. Go into your settings. Click your name at the top right, then My Settings. Then on the menu on the left click Notification Options near the bottom. In the second section make sure the first option "Show popop..." is checked. If you scroll down to the grid you have full control of all settings. There is a section for PMs where you can control how you want to be notified for each option. Inline Notification is the popop.

A new observation - when clicking on links (at least on the front page, where I *do* read the news!) it both redirects the current page AND opens a new window to the same address. This is on a Mac with Safari.

Is this still happening? I am hoping this is fixed.

Keep me posted, it should be fixed. It's a javascript issue, so if you are still seeing this issue, your browser might be caching the code.

sweet - I have to test that now! That's really been annoying me for some time now. I close the pop-up window when I'm done browsing a link, then have to remember to hit the back button on the original; if I space out, I close both and go searching for a CT window that's no longer around (amongst the other 79 open IE windows/tabs).

Due to some strange issues with the new search engine (sphinx based), I switched back to the internal one. It mostly affected searching for new posts, but by disabling it, you won't be able to search for 3 letter words. I do plan on switching back once the issues have been resolved.

Back