CocoonTech.com 2.5 Forum Upgrade

Just go to the forums with your mobile device, and it should automatically load the mobile skin. If it doesn't let me know what device you have, and I will look into it.

Maybe it's my browser...?

I didn't try with PIE. I use Opera, on a Touch Pro 2, running Windows Mobile 6.1

I went to http://www.cocoontech.com/forums and it brought me to the "full" site.

Thanks for any help!

--Dan

Can you go to http://www.cocoontech.com/services/ip.php and PM me the IP of your phone. This will allow me to extract the user-agent value and add it to the list.

Did you go there with Opera? Your user-agent string looks like PIE. You need to go to that URL with the browser you want to use.

went there with Opera, looks the same as with Firefox on my desktop.

Also, just tried PIE, still looks the same (web address didn't change to cocoontech.com or anything like that either).

With the "slowness" of how the page loaded, I'm assuming it's loading the "full-up" site.

--Dan

It just loads an alternate skin, so using the /forums URL is correct. The fact that your user agent string doesn't mention Opera at all is what is confusing me, I'll have to do some more testing.

Bingo, that did it...looks very "mobil-y" now!

What did you have to do to make this work? That is, if you want to answer (since it might have to do with security stuff on the server...I'd rather NOT be the cause of cocoontech being spammed or crashed in some way).

--Dan (Not E)

I just had to add your user agent as a browser which should default to the mobile skin, nothing weird except for the user agent string opera uses on WM I guess.

Hey Dan - here's one... I like that, with the board, when you had a PM it used to just intrusively pop up the next time you visited a page. Now it doesn't do that and I've completely missed PM's for several days. It may be a setting - I don't know, but I preferred the old default behavior. It was better for catching PM's that happened while you were browsing.

+1 on that setting - I don't get too many PM's so I do not make it a habit to look in the upper right corner to see if there is a little "1" in the box.

Hey Dan - here's one... I like that, with the board, when you had a PM it used to just intrusively pop up the next time you visited a page. Now it doesn't do that and I've completely missed PM's for several days. It may be a setting - I don't know, but I preferred the old default behavior. It was better for catching PM's that happened while you were browsing.

I think you have control over those things. Go into your settings. Click your name at the top right, then My Settings. Then on the menu on the left click Notification Options near the bottom. In the second section make sure the first option "Show popop..." is checked. If you scroll down to the grid you have full control of all settings. There is a section for PMs where you can control how you want to be notified for each option. Inline Notification is the popop.

Back