Elk M1RF2G (GE) wireless false alarms

Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions.

The receiver is not located near any RF obstructions. I did receive a response from HSS and it reflected the interference, location, and installation diagnosis steps mentioned above.

Spanky, if I religiously monitor/log receive data for X amount of time, is there algorithm/program to analyze log records for anomalies.
How many days of data to I need to keep in order to provide technical support with fighting chance to figure out what happened? Has this type of logging been used before to find problems?

[I pretty much already know the answer, but I’ll ask anyways]. Is there a way to tunnel this log information over a M1XEP? I am willing to stop using M1XEP short-term if necessary.

If using HyperTerminal or any other terminal program that has IP socket connection capability, you can connect to the M1XEP and receive the log data remotely. You need to use port 2101 so that the data is not encrypted.

You need to log until you have an alarm to see what caused it. You can send me that snippet of log data and I will interpret it.

There is not a program to interpret the log data, yet.

If using HyperTerminal or any other terminal program that has IP socket connection capability, you can connect to the M1XEP and receive the log data remotely. You need to use port 2101 so that the data is not encrypted.

You need to log until you have an alarm to see what caused it. You can send me that snippet of log data and I will interpret it.

There is not a program to interpret the log data, yet.

Or you could use OpenSSL to connect to the M1 and log the data over SSL:
Code:
openssl s_client -connect YOUR_M1_IP:2601
Cheers,
TexTech

Back