Elk Sirens

nov0798

If I want to use 2 Elk SS30 sirens. I assume I need to use an external power supply. I am also considering going with 4 wire smokes in the near future so I would need power for those as well, Would the Elk P-412 be my wisest option? 

Maybe I'm totally missing something here, but what tells the siren to activate if there is an alarm? I was trying to find the wiring diagram but don't see one on their site. I assume this is driven off of a relay or something?

Sorry for the elementary questions, been out of the game for about 4 years now, just trying to get back in. 

Thanks
Brian

You can just use two 30 watt speakers instead of the self contained siren version.  The M1 has a siren driver built-in to directly drive speakers from output 1 or output 2.  The M1 will not have to have an additional power supply to drive two speakers and some smoke detectors.

The nice thing about driving the speakers is that the sound is coordinated between the two speakers.  Separate self contained sirens will have a different sound coming out of each siren.

Back