Email notifier board

Hi guys,

I can confirm it has SSL, NTP, and I have mine mounted on top of a zone expander board.

I don't see why you couldn't mount it on top of two expanders, except that you may run out of room depending on your enclosure.

Thank-you Aaron,

So two expander boards plus the email board will fit in a standard HAI can eh? 

HAI-Can.jpg

It would be close... I'll try to get an answer on that

I have mine in a Leviton 42" structured wiring enclosure on top of one zone expander. That fits fine and I can close the door. I know Leviton makes an extender bracket which gives 2 more inches... Pretty sure that would fit everything if I needed it

Thanks Aaron.

Yup today one HAI OPII can is just about full more relating to experimenting than use; while the other HAI OPII is simpler with only a bit of added HAI devices. 

Curious here too about having a second ethernet connection wired to the can.  Everything (all wires) in both cans are just using the two knockouts as pictured above.  I do utilize a cable in a chase to bring more stuff in the can today but its sort of tight these days (well one can).

I know Leviton makes an extender bracket which gives 2 more inches

What is this?  Do you have a picture of it?

Experimenting (more meat smaller footprint) and not related to OP but I am looking at putting a device with both serial and network (2 NIC ports one in and one out) to do a bit more (in band and out of band management (kind of a failover scenario), plus email type stuff and serial connectivity).

Thank-you Desert_AIP

Yup here both my OPII cans sit adjacent / next to Leviton cans. 

One OPII can would work fine with an extension (if they were made?); and the other OPII can footprint would not.

IE: one is in a small closet (actually a closet in a closet in a closet) where as the other is in a larger area (comm room).

Setup #2 is very tight and I was trying to do much with little space.  Its been a few years since I have modified the closet some (well customized shelves - real PITA to make) making it even a bit tighter than originally installed. (Leviton Can has all network, telco, speaker and an assortment of other LV cabling).

Attachments

• HAI-3.jpg
    HAI-3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 42
I have my Omni Pro II and a few other components in one of the Leviton 48" wall cans.

As I posted above, it has two hardwire expander boards on it already.
I took a look this morning.
The depth of the e-mail board appears to be just a bit thicker than the RJ-45 LAN jack.  Maybe a bit over 1cm. 
I think there may be enough room to stack it on top of the hardwire expanders without the extension.  But just barely.

I need to rearrange the can and change out the network components anyway.  This may be the impetus I needed to get on that project.  :)

Worthington sent out a promo for the new Omni Notifier today with a picture and video of the new board.

worthington.jpg

http://youtu.be/Riy4NwEqcoA

Um... probably a REALLY dumb question, but I have ordered the board to test and it shipped but I do not have it yet.  Meanwhile though, I am running the most-recent 3.13.0.752 FW, and yet when I try to configure the serial ports or tinker with any of the PC-Access programming, nothing is there: The e-mail board notifier is grayed-out when I write setup to the controller, and when I try to configure the serial ports, the E-mail doesn't even show as an option.

Does the board need to be physically installed so that the OP2 can see it before it will allow you to configure?

When I flashed the firmware on my controller PC Access automatically updated the controller version in the file. However you can manually change it as well. In PC Access go to Account Information. On the right side click Version Override and select Controller Firmware >= 3.13.

Yup here upgraded PCA and the firmware to the latest on my OPII as rsw686 did above. 

I saw the Email board configuration right away.  I do not have an email board.

I then connected a terminal to same said emailed configured serial port.  I saw lots of chatter on the port.

Back