Water Shutoff Valve

It looks like you have a bunch of lines that take off before the porposed shutoff- no worries about protecting those?

I am not sure if it would fit on the egress 1" copper pipe coming out of the water meter (2" long) or above the water spigot pictured (4" long).

It's one main water line going up in the picture.

One copper line into (4.5" X 3/4" copper pipe) and out (2.5" X 1" copper pipe) of a supplimental pressure Davey pump with shutoffs.

Protecting from a leak in my pressure pump is why I need to go to 1". But I have more space between my meter and the take-off for the pump... you're pretty congested in there!

I can't quite make out what is going on- what if you were to replace that red handled valve with the cutoff? Can these cutoffs be manually operated?

The valves are just to utilize or bypass the pressure pump. It is a bit tight there. It would be nice to get a digital pressure guage too.

Attachments

• water-2.jpg
    water-2.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 49
Did you gentlemen already order? I could use two, one for a the house main supply (1") and one to prevent hot water from continuously recirculating (1/2" preferred but 3/4" also possible).

How does one attach these to copper pipes? Do you use a dielectric compression joint?

we did not order. I've been swamped at work. So I've only been getting on Cocoontech once every few days.

Here is the last e-mail response I got:
"Hi, Dan,

KLD20S B3 12Vdc 2-way stainless steel 304 valve, NPT threading, unit price is Fob Tianjin USD 39.50(3/4” full bore), USD 41.20 (1” reduce bore).
Shipping cost for these 6 valves are about USD 74.50. Production is about 3-5 working days. Shipping is about 3-4 working days.
So total amount is about USD 316.60 .
We will take holidays from Sept. 29 to Oct. 7. If you are interested, you can buy after our holidays.
Best regards! Have a nice day."

So, this was for 6 valves. 3 1" versions and 3 3/4"

I do not think the pricing on the valve will change at all, however shipping seems to oscillate quite a bit depending on what we order. However, an the number of valves seems to get the shipping down a good % each time I increase the amount.

Right now it looks like $12 each for shipping + whatever it would take to get the valves from my house to any of your places. I am 14514 zip, Rochester, NY, so you can estimate it however you want it shipped.

From an E-mail on Aug 15:
"THe price is the same if qty is less than 100pcs. Shipping cost by dhl is about USD 40(2 pcs), USD 45(3pcs)."

So, $20 each for qty 2, $15 each for qty 3, $12 each for qty 6. If you follow this progression on a PER VALVE basis, adding in 3 more probably brings the price of shipping to my house down to

If you work out your pricing and it is cheaper to have them direct ship, instead of ship to me, then you are more than welcome to do so. I do not think I am getting special pricing for the valve itself. I think I was only trying to combine shipping to save cash.

Let me know what you think.

--Dan

Did you gentlemen already order? I could use two, one for a the house main supply (1") and one to prevent hot water from continuously recirculating (1/2" preferred but 3/4" also possible).

How does one attach these to copper pipes? Do you use a dielectric compression joint?

The one I have been quoting out has a normal "screw" style threading. So you can just thread into it anyway you want.

So, is this list accurate?

drozwood90 - 1x3/4"
pete_c - 1x1"
politics123 - 1x1" ; 1x1/2"
mdesmarais - 1x1"
gatorhwk - 1x1"
Kevin L - 1x1"
TEM ???
-------------------------
Total"
1x3/4"
1x1/2"
5x1"
+ whatever TEM orders??

--Dan

Looks good for my stuff; thanks Dan.

Let us know when you want the money? I can do a Paypal today if you want?

Mine looks good, Dan. Let me know about money, too. PayPal works for me. Make sure you figure out the PayPal fee and include it in the price. We appreciate the leg work you're doing and don't want it to cost you any money.

Thanks,
Kevin

-- Edit --
Does anyone know if these are lead free? I'm in if they are lead free, just let me know where to paypal to and what the total is!

drozwood90: I'm new here but have been reading the forums for a few months now. I don't have any questions on HA yet...but would love to get in on the valve order. I would need a 3/4" valve and would like to order a second. So two for me.

Thanks,
Adam

Okay. additional information:
1) The brass versions are leaded. The stainless steel version is food-grade
2) The 1" version is restricted bore. The ball is 3/4" inside. I think the smaller dimensions are full-bore. Y'all should verify whether you are able to to use a restricted bore valve on my plumbing mains. In my area, I would need to upsize the valve (aka: to 1.25) so that the restricted size is 1".

Here's my revised order:

-----politics123-----
1 valve, 1/2" stainless steel valve
1 valve, 1.25" stainless steel valve
both @12 volts
both 2-way
-----------------------

Thank you for putting this together. I really appreciate it!!!

Back