Wooohooo! I Got my M1XEP to send emails again

Found it on google by accident. I think they are getting ready to launch to their production website, that looks to be a staging website by whomever produces their web content. 

I would guess they are still working on their PR media for the M1 Cloud launch. Latest RP2 recognises it, it has the M1Cloud registration function as well as the slightly different M1EXP config pages. One issue with the upgrade is that it completely trashes the XEP if the upgrade fails, so they recommend you get an extra one! They have dropped the JAVA server to make room for the M1Cloud and SSL features. I took the chance and it all worked smoothly. I had to switch to DHCP to get DNS to work, it would not work with manual entries for my router for some reason.

Got my first emails this AM about the sprinklers.... 

Sooooo... It seems that this update uses the cloud and eliminates the built in Java web server, among other changes!

1. Does this mean one would be 'totally' dependent on the cloud (which will charge a fee) to use programs such as myKeypadPro and eKeypad?

2. Also, will the XEP still use the secured port (2601) and non-secured ports (2101) that one may want 'port forwarded'? 

3. Will the new SSL feature let us establish a secured connection WITHOUT using their cloud services?

4. Will this effect my HomeSeer plugin that I use to gather (two way) information from the Elk M1?

5. What about my IP monitoring with a central station via the XEP's DSC Sur-Gard interface?

BraveSirRobbin said:
Sooooo... It seems that this update uses the cloud and eliminates the built in Java web server, among other changes!

1. Does this mean one would be 'totally' dependent on the cloud (which will charge a fee) to use programs such as myKeypadPro and eKeypad?

2. Also, will the XEP still use the secured port (2601) and non-secured ports (2101) that one may want 'port forwarded'? 

3. Will the new SSL feature let us establish a secured connection WITHOUT using their cloud services?

4. Will this effect my HomeSeer plugin that I use to gather (two way) information from the Elk M1?

5. What about my IP monitoring with a central station via the XEP's DSC Sur-Gard interface?

1. As far as I can tell no, it just kills off the java server.
2. Yes
3. Yes, I'm using gmail with 2-factor. 
4. Yes, mine is still working fine. 
5. NExt Alarm is still working fine for me. 

Nothing has changed for me except that I have email. ekeypad still works, homeseer works, etc...

BraveSirRobbin said:

I'd say that it offers the ability to utilize the cloud and adds SSL functionality, while removing the Java web server.

I think the others were already addressed well, but I wanted to comment on the one above... I specifically contacted Elk when a client's laptop would not display the Java web server interface. Between my laptop and his, we were running the exact same versions of Firefox and Java - mine worked, his didn't. We also tried on IE and Chrome with the same experience. Having said that, Elk's statement to me was that they've seen similar issues before and that's specifically why they developed the M1ToGo application - it's a free download, and has a much nicer interface than the web server did.

http://www.elkproducts.com/product-catalog/m1togo-user-interface-for-m1controls

Unfortunately the installer program doesn't run preperly on my  pc. I have a new Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with tablet mode and a 3200x1800 screen resolution and some programs have problems with it. The program starts with a small window containing the warning messages and instructions for the next screen but there appears to be no "next" button to continue installation. My only option is to close the program.

Has anyone  else seen this?

Mike.

Edit - I forgot to mention that the OS is Windows 8.1

drvnbysound said:
I'm assuming that you are referring to ElkRP? If so, I've only used it on Windows 7 machines.
No. I'm referring  to the xep v2 upgrade program that contains the .bin file to upgrade the firmware. Elkrp is working fine.

Mike.

So, you downloaded the XEP V2 exe file, and that won't run properly?

Have you tried running it as an administrator?

I didn't have any issue running it. I first get the warning window (as you described). When I choose Next on that window, I get this one:

index.php

After selecting OK, it puts the V2 bin files into the folder above. This allows them to be available in the drop-down menus within ElkRP, as an option for upgrade.

Back