0-10V PulseWorx Controls Survey

pete_c

Guru
Just an email that arrived in my inbox this morning.

[SIZE=12pt]Powerline Control Systems, Inc. (PCS) is reaching out to you to understand if you think there is a need for wall switches and keypads that can control standard 0-10V LED fixtures and LED drivers. 

The patented aspect of PCS's new 0-10V controls (wall switch and keypad) is that there is NO need to run the two 0-10V control wires from the switch or keypad to the LED drivers. There is a small inexpensive receiver module, "dongle" that is installed in the fixture right next to the LED driver. All you need to do is connect the dongle purple and gray wires to the LED driver purple and gray wires and the dongle black and white wires to the incoming LINE and NEUTRAL. NO LOW VOLTAGE WIRES. NO WIRELESS MODULES.

The receiver module requires NO PROGRAMMING or setup of any kind. Install it and it works.

The Stand-alone (non-UPB) versions of keypad and wall switch also require no programming.

The PulseWorx versions of keypad and wall switch have been added to the latest version of UpStart and program just like all other UPB devices. They receive and transmit all UPB commands. [/SIZE]

pcs.jpg

Wondering how this switch would work with my new testing widget low profile LED lamp (looking a bit like a standard can lamp)?

I'd say that this is a brilliant solution and really interesting but would be most interesting if it were for 12/24v (at least that is what I am used to working with)

Yes here the new flush mounted sort of looking LED cans are 12VDC.    These are not dimmable.  The company did have dimmable style LEDs.

Googling a bit here 0-10 VDC is utilized relating to a control voltage for dimming LEDs in commercial lighting.

batwater said:
I'd say that this is a brilliant solution and really interesting but would be most interesting if it were for 12/24v (at least that is what I am used to working with)

There are numerous LED drivers rated for 12/24 that are controlled by 0 to 10 VDC. 

I have several Meanwell 12 VDC, 5 AMP units sitting on my workbench as I type.

Frederick

Here made up a little bank of DIN mounted Meanwell 12VDC power supplies a few years back that are non dimmable for LEDs and switched by UPB switches.

Back