1000' Cat5e Cable plus Crimper and Tester

This is always useful, everyone should have at least 1 spool of cat5e on hand at any time, just like duct tape. Thanks for posting!

Going for $37.99 + shipping, which to my front door is $19 for a total of $57.

I've never looked at buying cat5e in bulk... is $57 still a good deal? Once you add in the shipping charge (50% of the price), Im wondering if I can find the same gear (ie. crimper, tester, and 100 connectors plus cable) at a local retailer for the same price...doubt it, but I've never looked into it.

If $57 is still the best deal, then I may just have to pick up a box

I went for this deal a while ago (complete with $19 shipping). I was not able to find 1000 ft of cat5e locally for $57. You may want to look around first though. Since then, I was able to pick up a second 1000 ft box of cat5e for $42 locally (no connectors, tester, crimper).

So now I have 2000 ft of cat5e still in the boxes. I crimped plugs onto the first one (from www.geeks.com) and use it to test long runs of rs485 - it's a 1000 ft patch cable in a box.

See my comments in an old thread.

smee said:
it's a 1000 ft patch cable in a box.
:p

Im just gonna go for it. I just came to the conclusion, that by the time I go searching, I would have spent more than $19 for my time and gas.

I really gotta stop being so cheap :lol: :eek: :D

Treetop said:
Im just gonna go for it. I just came to the conclusion, that by the time I go searching, I would have spent more than $19 for my time and gas.
I ended up driving 45 miles or so to get my "local" box for $42. I needed other stuff from the same place - the cat5e was just an add-on purchase since I was there anyway.

Back