2 Zone HVAC Control Unit

Bobby D

Greetings from Northern California. This is the first time I am trying this board so apologies if I am not on the correct forum.

I have an RCS Model ZC2S HVAC Control Unit. Two zones in the house with normally open dampers. Zone 1 works fine in heat mode. When Zone 2 attempts to turn on the system, everything literally stops. I replaced my thermostats this year and through the summer everything worked just fine while using AC. Just seems to be a problem now with the heat.

Switched thermostats around to see if it may have been a faulty thermostat and no difference; same results. By process of elimination it either must be a faulty Control Unit or perhaps one of the dampers. There is no way that I can test from what I can figure out.

Has anybody heard of an HVAC Control Unit faulting in this manner? Similar question regarding damper control motors, if one of these is faulty, could it result in the above. A/C still seems to work for both units, so it is just the heat.

Thanks for any help with this, I am out of ideas.

Bob

Bob,

Welcome to CT.

Not knowing this system specifically, or your setup. Can you switch the two zones? so zone 1 is now zone two and two is one? this way you'd now see if the problem follows the zone on the control or the damper?

Back