$30 micro helicopter (video included)

I wanted one too.... UNTIL I saw THIS!!!!!!

I GOTTA have one!

EDIT:

Available HERE For $160 shipped.

I have to close my web browser now and walk away from the computer... MUST RESIST!!!!!!

Pretty sure that the version the Aero Ace guys are coming out with is much cheaper than that, I believe it was named storm something.

So I wandered into Radio Shack to pick up some stuff and they had both the Pico-Z and the Micro-Mosquito. I checked out both and went with the Pico-Z.

Flied decently out-of-the-box for a few minutes and it's getting a real charge now. More later!

JohnWPB said:
I wanted one too.... UNTIL I saw THIS!!!!!!

I GOTTA have one!

EDIT:

Available HERE For $160 shipped.

I have to close my web browser now and walk away from the computer... MUST RESIST!!!!!!
You should really give a strong warning when posting content like this; I won't be able to think of anything else for days. At least the link you posted doesn't seem to work any longer. :)

I finally read the directions :) and found that it's supposed to go forward during a slight right turn. Makes sense now!

Ok, I HAD to break down and get one of the $30 copters. It is a blast! I picked it up at Radio Shack. I really do not like going in there, as no one ever knows anything about anything! The girl kept trying to covince me that I HAD to buy a 9v battery to use it. I carefully read the box before going to the counter, and it said "6AA batteries required, not included". I pointed that out, and she still insisted it needed a 9v battery, because the computer screen was telling her that it did. I gave up trying to convince her, purchased it ( the Helicopter ), and the AA batteries and paid her. I then proceded to take it all out of the box, and guess what no 9v battery REQUIRED :)
It DOES take some getting used to controlling it, and trimming it out. After about 5 recharges, and 2 hours later, I can take it off from the dining room table, fly around the living/dining room, and bring it back to the table to land.

All was going well, until it landed up on a high ledge (20' cathedral ceilings) by a fake plant. I just have to get "un lazy" and go dig the ladder out of the garage to retreive it :)

Back