$30 micro helicopter (video included)

:) Her Convince me?? :)

The I said above I putchased "it" I meant the helicopter, and the AA batteries, NOT the 9v.

She still thought I was making a mistake at this point, and then after the AA';s and the copter were paid for, I opened it all up, and showed her no 9v was required.

(I edited the above post next ot "it" to make it clearer.

That will teach me to post so early in the morning :)

Still need some video tho :) Sounds like a fun toy tho.

That will teach me to post so early in the morning :)

Still need some video tho :) Sounds like a fun toy tho.

Well no excuse about being "So early in the morning"... when you replied TWICE :lol:

Right now all I have is my webcam for video, and it's not large enough of a room to fly it around.... Hmmm I do have a vid camera somewhere, just have to see if I can find it, and if it still works and all.

I tried for a while to get a video camera installed on one of the remote controlled balloons. Even stipped down it was too heavy. I wanted to see if I could get photos from the air using it, but alas, no luck. The balloon was great, but just like the helicopters, they don't tolerate any wind and are primarily good for indoor work. More powerful planes etc would be the only way to do it.

Have you checked out the videos of a guy who mounted an x10 camera to a estes miniature rocket? The videos are a riot. There was also a recent posting (I can't remember where it was) that showed a remote control plane with a camera that was on a gyro so the view was from the pilot's position. It was awesome.

I am going to work on that sometime.

ya Jay, I was closely watching that back then! It inspired me! I figured the only way to do it outside was to tether it. I remember your video - it made me dizzy when it was spinning in the wind. Gotta love it.

With the weight of the camera and battery, I would have to add balloons to it all to get it to work.... and I must admit that I just lost interest.

Now, the plane that Ski was pointing us to - that's what I want now!

I saw that back in the thread earlier, and it was just as impressive the 2nd time around. I can only immagine how it felt for the pilot/comtroller.... to be able to look so freely left and right, and see that birds eye view react and follow where he was looking.

I just don't know about you Electron!!!!!! I was fine with it when it was unavaliable. But you HAD to go and post that it was on sale now! So stupid me followed the link, and the first comment on the page was the dirrect link to buyt it at Wal~Mart! So needless to say I am $118.06 poorer!

Subtotal: $99.94
Shipping: $10.91
Tax: $7.21
Order Total: $118.06

You just wait and see if I try to donate the next time all of your computers and hardware blow up! Heheheheh You KNOW I'm just kidding.

So much for MUST Resist!, My will power just isn't what it used to be!

All that aside, I can't wait till it gets here now! :D

EDIT: I have a tiny video camera that won't work on the helicopter, but willl probably work on this :(

Thank god the will power ratio is directly related to the thickness of my wallet, or I would have ordered one by now as well. Would probably run great on snow lol.

Back