3rd party ip cameras with omnipro

elmango

Hi guys 
I been using this panels just for a over 2 years n i been stock on the cameras section, one day learn something the next a little bit more , till now
Question: have some out there make work and ip camera and enable to see it on the smart phone (android) ?   

I did , but im at the point to be enable to see it just when im on the wifi, (local), so if im connected on the same network i can see the cameras, but if i connect to my static ip , no i  only see a black screen (remotely and do anything )

so here is what:
panel omnipro II
ip camera 4mp by Hikvision dual straming (mjpeg) programmed for 2nd stream as mjpeg  
Nvr by hikvision
internet provider Comcast

so my Nvr, cameras  and omnipro are on the same network, adding a poe sw for the cameras ( the nvr is poe build in , but im not using his internal netwotk) so all the cameras has different internal ip , on the pc acces i did program they address with the url  (the one was so hard to found it , also im using the nvr to have recording and because they are all on the same network the nvr can see 
so what i learn was the problem is to found  the url stream line 
do any one knows what else i have to do in order to see it over the snaplink not on site?

best regards

Armando

Can you see the camera stream in a web browser?

mjpeg is your best bet for compatibility.
You need the address to the stream, not just the camera itself.
and the password and user id.

If you're going static, you would need to pass through the ports to the web, basically pinhole the firewall and then forward the IP.

Are the cameras static to the outside world or are you passing through a device. If you have a 192.X.X.X IP, they're not NAT to the outside world and it's not a good idea to expose or DMZ the cameras. Honestly, you're better off going remote into the NVR and grab video through it from the outside world.

Honestly, you're better off going remote into the NVR and grab video through it from the outside world.

That is what works for me.

What do you utilize inside of the home for control of your OmniPro panel?  Keypads, Omnitouch screens?

elmango said:
Do i need to indibidual camera open the ports and forward to the internal ip?

An NVR typically has a large range of ports you must open (consult the NVR manufacturer's documentation) but you may find it easiest to simply enable VPN on your device to connect to your network.  If you are using Android, Apple IOS, Windows Phone, Symbian, or a computer system, in almost all installations, a VPN to your firewall will resolve any remote access issue to the NVR, cameras, PC Access, or anything else on the network including when running SnapLink on the supported device.  Of course, your firewall must support VPN and if it has rules, you may have to allow your remote device to connect to any internal network device, but that's usually very easy to do. :)

Back