4-port hub question

gobris

Hello,
I was using my 4port hub for a while..
I was making some recabling where i installed the hub, and i accidentally removed the connection cables from my USB one wire adapter to hub.

Tried to replug but seems something wrong.
As soon as i plug the 12V adapter to my hub leds first tests itselves then start to flash continously..
even no sensors plugged in.

I have 2 wires (with parastyic power) coming to hub.
If i connect a sensor directly to the cable.. I can see id of usb-connector on owfs.
But if i plug in (to the 4th and 5th pins) of the lefthand socket with the same cables,
i even loose the usb converters id on ofws..it seems like it is shortcircuiting..

I measuered the voltages..
When unplugged, it is 5 volts coming from usb converter..
when i plugged it to hub, it drops down to 0.70v..
I also tried with connecting a pass-thru sensor to the rightside port..
It seems 0.70 volt either..

meanwhile the sensors connected to hub ports has 5v and also 0.70v on data-gnd ports as it should be.

Am i doing something wrong or some chip fried on the hub?

If so, which one might it be.. can i repair it?

did you ever figure this out?  I've assumed it to be a short in the 1-wire part of the network. I had one channel that leads outside to a known-bad/failing sensor, and from time to time, the 4-channel hub would "freeze" and all 4 LEDs would flash. I would power cycle and the device would be happy again for a while, until the same problem recurred. I eventually disconnected the outside channel and have never had only one recurrence after an electrical storm a few years later. Same thing, power cycled and the device is happy again

Back