64bit cctv camera card

TeleFragger

ok so i have 24gb of ram in my server but running WHS 2003 which is 32bit. I could run WHS2011 (I like whs...).. anyway..
my cctv card is 32bit as I cannot find any drivers for it for 64bit OS. Also i do not see one CCTV card out there that has 64bit support.

anyone know of one that will work?
Thanks!

philips SAA7134 PCI 

device id from device manager 
Stream\7134TVTuner#PCI#VEN_1131&DEV_7134&SUBSYS_00001131&REV_01

OK; looks to be supported in Linux.

Not sure on the Wintel side.  Try Blue Iris.

The reason probably that there isn't support is that today most of the older style (32 bit or 64 bit) multiple port capture cards only really support SD video streaming.  The bottle neck is the analog output of the video camera to the capture card limit of 640X480.

The above noted best you can do with the card though is SD video; so it'll be a bit faster at 64 bit; but it'll still be maxing out at 640X480 streams.

Personally and less work would be to go to IP cameras.  You can experiment with the low end cheap SD IP cameras ($40 now) connected to say Blue Iris staying on the wintel side of things.

Here I am still using ZM.  It does have both Analog and IP cameras connected. 

As your bottleneck is still the limit of the multiport capture card and you want to continue to do this then I would purchase an 8 port BT8X8 8 chip Kodicom 8800 clone.  You can buy these now for some $30.

Attached are three streaming SD capture pictures.  Two are analog streams using a Kodicom 8800 32 bit card and the other is same sized stream using an IP HD camera streaming with RTSP at the same size.  Not the difference in picture quality with the same resolutions.

Personally too I would recommend building a security DVR box with multiple camera streaming and making that a separate box.  You can do this for free using either Linux or Wintel software these days.  You can purchase

I would also recommend not combining a security DVR server and automation software server (like Homeseer). 

Maybe trying this with a separate VM might work.

Here I am doing a very slow transition.  The current Optex combos outside have newer camera boards / lenses.  I am replacing these with combo HD IP and analog output boards such that I can do analog captures and digital captures from the same cameras. All of my outdoor cameras are wired for legacy and IP such that switching them is no big deal.

View attachment 5556

Attachments

• CCTV-Camera-Resolution-Chart-Analog-VS-IP.jpg
    CCTV-Camera-Resolution-Chart-Analog-VS-IP.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 20
  • analog versus digital-2.jpg
    analog versus digital-2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 15
wow appreciate your time and response on that.. very informative..

you say shouldnt have dvr on the same box as homeseer...

well I will give you more information on my setup...

I have a 8 port capture card.. all 8 ports work in 32bit mode.. but I have only ran the line for 1 cctv.. and need to run the 2nd.. I do have 2 el cheapo daytime ip cameras with audio but havent hooked them up yet where I want them either....

anyway.. I am using webcamXP and it does work with my 1 camera and the 2 ip cameras.... so the issue isnt that it doesnt work..

issue is that I have a computer I am running this on that has 8gb of ram but WHS (windows home server 2003 based) is only 32bit and so I can only see 4gb ram.
it is a quad core xeon too so it is beefy enough....

thus why I have been looking for a way to get 64bit drivers... 

now I do have a different PC I was going to use once Homeseer 3 is out of beta... as I just purchased the upgrade.

This box is a nice quad core xeon (newer than my current) and also 24gb of tripple channel memory...
all that memory will do me no good if I cant find a 64bit capture card.

so really I need either drivers for my current card or a card that will run in 64bit server 2008 r2 (Windows Home Server 2011)......

Back