After firmware upgrade to 3.15, time/date/location issues

After I upgraded yesterday to 3.15 I noticed my events triggered by time of day weren't working.  I looked this morning and saw that the time and date were not set on the controller.  That was easy to put right using pcaccess, I just wasn't expecting the firmware upgrade to do that.  

The other issue is the location data.  I noticed that sunrise and sunset times were both an hour off, so I looked at location.  The lat/long looked correct but the time zone was wrong.  I used the zip code widget in pcaccess and now the time zone is right, but sunset and sunrise are still off by an hour (still reflect the times from the incorrect time zone).  

Any way to change this?  Assuming the controller gets sun times automatically via the Internet connection, why didn't they change when I set the correct location?

Thx....

Tom

After I upgraded yesterday to 3.15 I noticed my events triggered by time of day weren't working.  I looked this morning and saw that the time and date were not set on the controller.

Yup; here initially on warm reboot the time and day did come back after the firmware update.  Checked the settings under Miscellaneous/Location and all is the same.  I also used the Launch Zip Code / Postal Code Location Wizard and that showed same info as configured.

I then went to sunset / sunrise times under status / System and those are correct.

Assuming the controller gets sun times automatically via the Internet connection.

The controller does not get its sun times via the internet connection; rather it calculates those times internally.

I do not utilize the HAI email board / HAI Omnitouch 7 screen(s) but thinking that the email board does check the time via the internet and pushes that to the panel. (that is a guess).

Curious if you are utilizing the HAI Email Board or new Omnitouch 7 touchscreens?

I would personally do the firmware update again maybe as you should not be having those issues.  Save your stuff first though.

Here too I have a serial and a network software connection to the panel and checking that stuff and it is in sync with what is on the panel.

I'm using neither the email board nor the omnitouch screens.  

So far, nothing else to report.  Everything seems fine, but I'll consider doing the firmware update again.  Can it be forced to reload an already loaded version?

lakemirror said:
I'm using neither the email board nor the omnitouch screens.  

So far, nothing else to report.  Everything seems fine, but I'll consider doing the firmware update again.  Can it be forced to reload an already loaded version?
Its actually pretty nifty how it works. It has TWO areas where firmware is loaded, we'll call them area one and area two. When you upload firmware, you are loading into a space that is not used while the panel runs the previous copy. Once your FW is uploaded, and confirmed to be valid, the panel switches from the previous copy to the new copy. There is even a way to switch BACK to the previous copy, but I can't remember it at the moment. But if you upload an older firmware, it will switch back automatically.

Did you check or un-check the daylight savings box? That would affect the sunrise/set by exactly 1 hour. 

I'm not sure if your issue is related to the one I had, but I had issues with my system after upgrading to 3.15.  Mine were mostly inconsistent network connectivity but that lead to funcitonal issues with PC Access and my mobile apps. To fix it it I had to completely power down my board for 5-10 minutes (including battery power).  This seemed to do some house keeping with the board's RAM because it has been functioning fine now since.

Back