Alarm system monitoring with HAI Omni (2021)

Hi,

I apologize if this question has already been asked.  I've searched and found information back from 2015 but the solutions don't seem to exist anymore.

I bought a house in 2009 that has an extensive HAI system.  Door strikes, garage openers, lighting sequences, alarm and fire.  I haven't used monitoring since I terminated my land line some years ago.  Mostly because of confusion on how to bridge my system.

It's now 2021 and i've realized my insurance requires monitoring.  I'm not overly concerned with potential breaches because to be honest, I live in a city where police barely respond to alarms anyway.

I have an HAI OMNI pad/system.  It would seem all the local alarm companies I've called want to decommission my alarm system system and put in something that works for them.  They have told me they can't put cellular on my HAI system and they can't or won't or don't support VOIP.

Obviously my HAI system is more than just my alarm so decommissioning it seems like a really bad idea.  

What do I do?  Is there anyone who can or will monitor this system now on a VOIP with a battery backup?   
Is there a cellular device that I can attach to the system my local alarm companies don't know about or chose not to share with me? 

Or is my Home Automation system on it's last breath and time to figure out how do redo all the systems in my house simply so I can have alarm monitoring?  

Please share your thoughts and be patient with me.  I'm not as technical as all of you.  

Thanks.

Welcome to the Cocoontech!

Here on the forum you have many DIY folks / alarm vendors that are using the OmniPro panels mostly DIY installed even though it has been sunsetted by Leviton. 

If your panel is on the internet or you can access it remotely then programming it with a reasonably priced alarm company (reasonable ~ $10 month or so) and working with VOIP.  You can utilize either cellular or voip for the alarm.  Here utilize both.

Where are you located?

Read this

Alarm Relay

I was with Next Alarm for ~ 20 years and switched to Alarm Relay.  

If you have the HAI-Leviton PCA application the CS there will talk you though configuring your system to Alarm Relay...

Thank you for this great information.. I'm happy to know this is a solvable problem.  I was getting very worried.

Sorry for my slow response.  I'm only allowed one post every 24 hours as I'm new to the site and that's the site restriction. 

I'm located in Los Angeles, CA.  I can access the system from my phone both on wifi and remotely.  I use an app called SPACE.  I've used several different apps in the past but it seems app's get decommissioned every so often.  If there is a better app please let me know.  

I'm going to read the Alarm Relay thread and will call them on Monday.  

I also have a PC with the software that allows me to go in and program/change codes, etc.  

I'm sure I will have some follow up questions.  I'll be back in 24 hours.  lol.  

Also, I constantly have a "Battery Low Trouble" message on my app.  I have changed all the large, brick, batteries on the system.  Any idea what might be causing that trouble message?  

Thanks,

As for apps. there are many options. SnapLink for iOS from Leviton still works, and that is my go-to app. but I don't know if they sell it anymore.  Third-party apps. like SPACE exist, but since the market was small, not enough money was made by the developer, so most of those are not supported anymore.  The best other solutions are other automation platforms that have linking software to the Omni panel.  One is Homebridge which connects the Omni panel to the Apple Homekit ecosystem.  Homebridge is open source and runs on many platforms like a Raspberry Pi, or Mac, or Windows, or even on a Synology NAS drive. (I use that.) It's install it and forget it software.  Then you access it on the built-in iOS Home app. or many other apps. like Home+.  

The second solution is OmniLinkBridge connected to HomeAssistant.  OmniLinkBridge is the connecting software, like Homebridge, and HomeAssistant is an open source automation platform.  I have gone that route, but if you use iOS, I think Homebridge is better.  If you are committed to Android, then it would be HomeAssistant.  Both of these solutions are more complex than just running a single phone app., but they are more powerful as well.

For monitoring, Alarm Relay is your best bet. I would get a cellular adapter and connect it to the Omni and you are done. Internet monitoring is cheaper, but not as reliable. Remember, if power goes out, you have to have battery backup for your modem, router, and switches, etc.  Yesterday my power went out and i was out-of-town.  Alarm Relay called me to tell me.  It was out maybe 4 hours, but the battery backup worked.

A low battery trouble just means as you would expect, battery needs replacement.  The panel runs a test so often.  Its hard to give advice because there are so many hookups, but make sure you have at least a 8AH 12V sealed lead acid battery. Maybe bigger in some cases. 

I use an app called SPACE

Not sure what the app SPACE is.

I only VPN to call home and still use Leviton Snaplink (updated now) and it works fine with Android 10-11 on my phones.

On my Windows tablets also use Leviton Snaplink (updated now) and it works fine with Windows 10-11 via VPN.

CCTV is the same. Testing Blue Iris and been using Zoneminder for years now.  The OmniPro panel is configured with the cameras such that I can see them with Snaplink and Omnitouch screens.

I am not tethered to my phones and shut them off when home these days.  I have them configured to appear as no service on the phone lines if they are off if someone calls them if they are off.  CCTV is the same.  

Personally not an Apple anything user.  Do have an iPhone but do not use it.  I am currently a primary Linux user and use windows only for the wife.

I'm going to read the Alarm Relay thread and will call them on Monday.  
I also have a PC with the software that allows me to go in and program/change codes, etc.  

The person I spoke to was very familiar with the Leviton / HAI PCA application and he had me configure my panel to call them rather than my configured NextAlarm service. NextAlarm did not do this and it was a DIY thing many many years ago.  I did have more features for less money with NextAlarm.

Since you guys are the experts, I decided to try Snaplink again.  I already had the app on my phone, I just needed to reload all the key information, etc.
I was able to log in successfully but 90% of the functionality is not working.  

- The status on the system shows the correct time and date.
- The alarm system seems to function properly.
- The lighting control is entirely blank/non-fucntional and doesn't show any of the lighting setups.
- The Buttons control is entirely blank/non-functional and doesn't show any of the button setups.
- The TEMPS control is entirely blank/non-functional and doesn't show any of the TEMP setups.
- The events appear to report normally.

When I switch back to the "SPACE" app, everything appears as it should be.  I have buttons, temp control, lighting control, etc.  

I am on an iPhone btw.  

Also, Snaplink doesn't appear to have any controls for the NUVO audio system.  I can raise and lower the speaker volume currently using the Space app.  

Any thoughts as I proceed on?   I'm also making the switchover to Alarm Relay.  Thank you for the suggestions and lead.  

pete_c said:
Welcome to the Cocoontech!

Here on the forum you have many DIY folks / alarm vendors that are using the OmniPro panels mostly DIY installed even though it has been sunsetted by Leviton. 

If your panel is on the internet or you can access it remotely then programming it with a reasonably priced alarm company (reasonable ~ $10 month or so) and working with VOIP.  You can utilize either cellular or voip for the alarm.  Here utilize both.

Where are you located?

Read this

Alarm Relay

I was with Next Alarm for ~ 20 years and switched to Alarm Relay.  

If you have the HAI-Leviton PCA application the CS there will talk you though configuring your system to Alarm Relay...
Hey Pete, please contact me with your name in private messages if you would like me to use you as the referral for Alarm Relay! 

I use both the Space and the Myro:home app.   

Space works for me, but it is no longer supported and it is a matter of time before Apple changes their system and it quits working.

Myro:home is supported and updated regularly.   However, at an annual fee.   The programmer continues to improve the product.   Some people balk at paying the fee, but I have been orphaned more than once, and having a supported product is worth it for me.

Myro app seems to update status faster than Space.   The screens are a bit more intuitive.   You might want to give it a try.   

I have used Alarm Relay for 20 years in 3 different houses.    They have been 100% reliable at a reasonable cost.   I think you are making a good decision with them.

rockinarmadillo said:
I use both the Space and the Myro:home app.   

Space works for me, but it is no longer supported and it is a matter of time before Apple changes their system and it quits working.

Myro:home is supported and updated regularly.   However, at an annual fee.   The programmer continues to improve the product.   Some people balk at paying the fee, but I have been orphaned more than once, and having a supported product is worth it for me.

Myro app seems to update status faster than Space.   The screens are a bit more intuitive.   You might want to give it a try.   

I have used Alarm Relay for 20 years in 3 different houses.    They have been 100% reliable at a reasonable cost.   I think you are making a good decision with them.
Thank you sir. Just downloaded Myro:Home. You are right. It’s a really nice interface.
I just hope they don’t charge $50/year per device!!! Ouch.

HELP NEEDED...I'm in need of either 42A00-2 or the 45A00-1 wireless transmitter for the HAI Omni II alarm security system!  One of the transmitters went bad and the only options right now are to get a second system to go along with the half that works :wacko: or get an entirely new system for my home that will cost way too much!  Is there ANY solution? Anything else that can be used in place of either of those transmitters?  This is so frustrating and I've exhausted all other options.  Thanks for any advice!

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum.

Which one went bad?  The two work on different frequencies.

The OmniPro 42a00-2 is for HAI wireless devices 

The 42a00-1 is for GE Interlogix devices.

The 42a00-1 can be replaced by a generic GE Interlogix device. I have a post here someplace relating to which one worked for me. 

Back