Alarmrelay - just signed up, remote programming questions w m1xep

treo650

I have a remote programming installation appointment this weekend.

Anyone have any idea what's needed for a m1xep setup?

Will they remote into my elkrp software?

How long will the process takel

They'll need your remote access code in order to access the system using ElkRP. Educated guess is that it won't take more than about a half hour to an hour for a tech to create an account in RP and set up the connection with alarmrelay and explain things to you. More time if they have to add user accounts for you and tutor you on using the system.

There are installers on this forum who can tell you better than I.

Mike.

treo650 said:
Is the RP access code the same as the installer code. Which do I provide them
No. the RP access code is used to access via ElkRP2 software and the "installer code" or what the manual calls the "installer program code" is for programming via the keypad. The third code is the user code that is required to arm dis-arm etc.

Mike.

With me there wasn't a whole lot of "programming."  I was asked to trip a burglar alarm zone and they verified that they could receive it, then a fire zone. That was it. took maybe 15 minutes. About 7 months later I got a call from them telling me that my alarm was sending open/close reports as well.  I had set it up that way because I thought it was what they wanted.  Apparently with cellular monitoring the daily calls costs them too much money so they said to turn them off, which I did. Now it just uses a weekly test.

Thanks guys. @ano I assume you are using the cellular monitoring by your post?

I plan to connect via m1xep to alarmrelay.. Not sure what or how they will be programming

Likely only difference is you have an IP address and an account number to add first.

I already had an ElkRP profile set up from when I installed the panel, before subscribing to Alarm Relay. They didn’t remotely configure it. They told me on the phone what to configure in ElkRP for it to communicate to their station. Maybe they are planning to remotely configure it for you, which presumably would require you to open up the M1XEP to the Internet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you will find they are quite helpful and that it is a relatively painless setup.   I had my M1Gold for probably 6 years before I decided to get it monitored then went with Alarm Relay.  The setup was really no big deal and they help you walk through it.  Worse part was wife all of a sudden after 6 years seems to not remember how to disarm before opening doors or window and we get a flurry of phone calls to confirm we have an issue :)

Just finished my remote programming. All took 15minutes,including testing.. (but I am tech savy)

Basically they have you open the RP software and enter their ip information in the commucator portion of the m1xep, and some other zone mods.

From there, they tested the alarm

Back