Announcement speakers

I received a pair of these speakers today. I have hooked up one so far, in parallel to another existing 8 ohm speaker, and so far, I am happy with it. The only issue I have is I wish it were closer to a full white in color--it's a little too "off-white" for may taste. The sound is good. I don't know if it's getting the full dynamic range that they quote, but overall the sound is good. I'd say it was worth $43.00.
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi....13263&pid=1600

Someone should combine this with some kind of powerline solution like this so that it can connect directly to existing AC wiring in any existing switch or outlet box.

acheslow said:
Someone should combine this with some kind of powerline solution like this so that it can connect directly to existing AC wiring in any existing switch or outlet box.
[Yoda Voice] Read the CocoonTech CES 2007 Exclusive Update for Channel Vision you should! [/Yoda Voice] :lol:

Ah, pretty cool, I missed that when I skimmed thru the first time.

Still, it doesn't look like they've integrated this into an all-in-one single-gang speaker. What I'd love to see is a speaker form-factor like the Micro in-wall system with an integrated powerline receiver.

You could always combine it with one of the Barix devices - like their intercom module for two-way audio, granted you still have to run a wire or add wireless so it's may be eaiser to just run speaker wire to it...but where's the fun in that? :lol:

Back