Anti virus

Do you have a link to this uninstaller tool? I'll try to download it, and upload it here if needed, but you will definitely need it if you want to do a complete uninstall.

that's very nice of you.

I found several places that tell you how to uninstall norton internet security 2004, but everytime I follow the link I get a "page can't be displayed."

I just spent a whole bunch of time trying to get rid of symantec in the registry.

when I tried to reboot I got a system 32 corrupt.

I am not at all sure how I got back in business.

An F8 on reboot with a last known good. .. not at all sure why that worked.

whew

I'm goin to bed. this has not been a good day.

I was able to open the pages and dowload the stuff today... they musta had em down for some reason.

Thanks

What is the attached file for?

hey thanks a lot. That's very kind of you.

I was able to get the stuff and it seems it removed the Norton internet security.

There seems to be something wrong with my computer. I'm gonna have to work on it.

I think maybe I'm gonna have to reinstall the OS or something.

One of the things that doesn't work, strangely enough is the clickable smilies thing.

I'll have to give you an old fashioned one. :)

Uninstalling Norton, is just as bad as trying to cancel AOL!

I will chime in here with a bit of information from my point of view.

Norton is just plain AWFUL! If you look up Norton in the dictionary, it says "see Bloatware" :angry: It is a system resource hog, and I remember when using it, had more problems that it fixed.

I have been using AVG and AdAware for around 3 years now, and have not had a spyware, nor virus problem throughout that time. they are both fantastic products, and are also free. I have AVG scheduled to run in the early morning hours, and it does all it's updates by itself. Yes, it is a bit slow at checking incoming email, but hardly noticable. I will gladly wait the couple extra seconds to know the email is clean.

realolman said:
I wonder why someone would make and distribute a free anti virus ( or anything else ).

Maybe I'm just cynical, but it seems to me there's always gotta be something in it for someone.
It seems they give away only one copy. You are not supposed to use it on more than one computer in a network (even if for home use). They want you to get hooked and buy the real licenses it seems.

That at least should make you feel better...

As far as does it check for other copies on a network I don't know, haven't used it myself (although I'm going to check it out now).

i use avg free for everything. when people come into the shop where I work, they get avg. thats about the only time i'll touch a computer for free, but i do install avg, update, scan, etc free of labor cost.

Back