Any experience with Magnasphere

RxTxAu

Has anyone had any experience with magnasphere contacts?

Are they as good as the manufacturers hype?

Has anyone seen antitamper switches that use magnasphere?

Thanks,
Brian.

Interesting product line.  One of the first magnetic contact switches that offer three pole configuration that I've ever seen.

The magnasphere are supposed to be almost immune to being fooled using a bypass magnet but what I found interesting is the design gets away from the thin reed contact for something a lot more rugged & they are supposed to be almost immune to contact welding closed due to lightning strikes etc.

I've seen reeds welded shut or have some sort of fault that causes a reed to be effectively remaining closed so I found that idea very interesting.

I've seen a product that uses the magnasphere instead of a reed for the pull apart contact used for protecting equipment. 
I think that using a magnasphere there would be a real advantage because I don't know how a reed would like being tossed around or hit, dropped, etc when equipment is used in mobile uses like camping, work vehicles etc.

I haven't seen a magnasphere version of the spring loaded antitamper switches yet but there are several companies selling different lines using the technology.

Regards,
Brian

Back