Any home automation standouts at this year's CES?

I have an Almond+ and think it has a lot of potential.  The LCD screen was NOT a big selling point for me, I don't use it much since it's in the basement.  The fact that it runs OpenWrt, has a more powerful ARM CPU than your typical router and has USB 3 ports for network storage is what interests me. 

Yes; mine are all sitting next to the PFSense router with their own autonomous connectivity to the internet.

That said you can also just configure it with OpenWRT to utilize only the wireless radios in it to connect to the internet.

There are two separate web based interfaces; one Windows Metro look interface and the standard OpenWRT interface.

The simplest interface though is the LCD; tiny and functional.  The two built in web interfaces are very functional.

The iOS / Android and cloud app interfaces are also very functional. 

Saw this device called Switchmate (www.myswitchmate.com) that was pretty neat.  I think a lot of us have wired solutions but this one snaps onto the light switch

Hmm, 1st post and it's a mention of a product.  Color me suspicious of spam...

That and it looks like a pretty dumb idea.  Slap some hunk of battery operated plastic on the face of your switches and somehow automate them.  I suppose it'd "work" but, honestly, it's just that not much work to put in proper ones.  

Back