Any news on Elk 2 way wireless? Any other large 2 way systems?

bram

I'm looking for a larger wireless alarm system. It would need to support at least 50 sensors initially, with capacity for at least 100. Strong pluses are available wired inputs as well, and integration with a HA system.

It seems like 2 way wireless is the way to go, both for the reliability benefits and because the reduced power allows for long battery life. However, most of these systems seem aimed at the lower end of the market, generally topping out at 30-40 sensors. I really like the Visonic sensor technology, but their system is just not big or sophisticated enough. DMP also looks interesting, but not widely available.

I know that Elk has been working on a solution, and knowing their products it will probably do everything that I need, but there seems to have been no news for that past 6 months, and not really any details that I've seen. Does anyone have an inside track on this? Or, is there another system that accommodates a large 2 way wireless deployment?

Thanks for the help!

I just got this reply 2 days ago when I inquired with Elk about the 2-way sensors:

ELK continues to develop and improve our new wireless product line. We expect the initial M1 related items to be available for purchase ahead of ISC West at the end of March. Those items will include the full 2-way receiver and options for door/window switches. Additional 2-way products like key fobs, PIRs and smoke detectors will follow in 2012.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the update. Very frustrating though, as it means it won't be possible to deploy a comprehensive Elk system until the end of 2012, and there aren't really a lot of other options either.

Back