Any updates on Elk-M1XEP Ethernet Expander

mishab

Any updates on the Elk-M1XEP Ethernet Expander not sending mails?
I have att / yahoo dsl which comes with smtp server. Outlook sends mails just fine, but Elk-M1XEP does not.
I tried changing MTU values on the router and tracing the packets, but no success so far.

Anything?

You probably have some of the advanced authentication features in your email service provider. Probably should call tech service for setup details.

You should just make this work with hotmail, gmail or yahoo mail. That way when someone has a problem, they can sign up for a free email account and see if that solves their problem.

Me, I've given up trying to send email with my EXP. It's not worth screwing around with it anymore.

There are list of open SMTP servers around in internet. The SMTP server of my DSL provider is listed in one of them. Anybody can try them with the Elk-EXP.

According to the M1XEP Guru, there is a new version of the M1XEP Ethernet Module coming out in about two weeks. It is in Beta test now. It separates the SMTP and POP server email connection. There are additional options on the email setup which makes it work with more email systems.

The free Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc. are web based and do not work with the M1XEP.

Spanky said:
According to the M1XEP Guru, there is a new version of the M1XEP Ethernet Module coming out in about two weeks. It is in Beta test now. It separates the SMTP and POP server email connection. There are additional options on the email setup which makes it work with more email systems.

The free Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc. are web based and do not work with the M1XEP.
I don't know about the others but I know that gmail has POP and SMTP access as I use it for my primary email.

The SMTP server does require authentication and a secure port however.

Back