Any use for old cables?

I have a bunch of old speaker cable and 4 wire phone cable and some shorter audio patch cables. Some of these I'll keep for future projects but others I don't have much use for. Is there other uses for this cable or a way to recycle them or something? Looking for an alternative to tossing them out.

-Josh

Since the price of copper has been rising, you can sell them to the local scrapmetal yard and make a few bucks (depending on how much you have). Or, you can leave it out on the street somewhere so the local crackhead can pick it up and sell it to support his habit, at least that may save somebody's live phone line for a day :blink:

I have a bunch of old speaker cable and 4 wire phone cable and some shorter audio patch cables. Some of these I'll keep for future projects but others I don't have much use for. Is there other uses for this cable or a way to recycle them or something? Looking for an alternative to tossing them out.

-Josh

Never throw anything away... I still have RCA patch cables that came with equipment I puchased in 1974! If you strip the jacket off the 4-wire phone cable the individual colored wires can be used as free variable length color coded "wire ties" for bundling your audio cables.

Back