Any way to send Extended X-10 commands on HAI?

cyhome

I am converting over to an HAI Lumina Pro from my previous Homevision system. I have a Stanley Garage Door Status Indicator module that I sent Extended X-10 commands to which controlled the LED's. One of the Homevision users decoded what needed to be sent to do this: (can't post links yet)

For example, to turn all the LED's green and the module is on House Code A, you send the following Extended X-10 Command:
House Code = A
Unit Code = 9
Command = 29 (decimal)
Data Byte = 112

The Homevision system allowed you to send this type of extended command, but I am not seeing a way to do it with PC Access in the HAI system.

Since there is an "Extended" unit type, it seems like I should be able to send this type of command.

I looked at the possibility of sending a "Message" to Serial Port 6 (the TW-523 I hope), but not sure if this is just sending ASCII text or not...so have not dug into that further.

That little module is just a nice, cheap way to show the status of something, and plug it in where ever convenient.

Anyone know if I can somehow send the Extended X-10 command shown above?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

There is no built-in way to send a "custom" extended command from HAI X10 interface. If you still have homevision controller, you could potentially send a serial command to it from one of the HAI ports configured as pro-link, which will trigger homevision to send the extended command.

Thanks, picta
Yes, I was afraid that would be the case. I still have the Homevision (such a great device...everything was built in), but not sure I want to run it just to do this one garage door status box. I would likely use a digital output on the HV to a digital input on the HAI if I decide to do this.

Matt

Back