Anyone know how to work LiteWare and connect to a standard CCU?

signal15

I just moved into a house with an old LiteTouch system installed in 1994.  Many of the buttons that were frequently pressed no longer work, so I want to eliminate some of the least used scene buttons and reassign them to the things that I need.  Currently there's no way to turn on or off some of the lights.

I have a copy of LiteWare and I just got it installed.  I'm assuming I need to launch the control panel and connect to the CCU.  I haven't tried this yet, because I don't want it to whack the settings that are currently in there in case something goes wrong.  

Has anyone used this software before for programming?  Can you type up a quick list of steps to get me started?

Eventually I will probably rip this out and replace with with Centralite Elegance XL, but that won't happen anytime soon so I need to get this fixed.  WAF is very low right now.  :)

Does anyone here work for a shop that used to sell this stuff?  Maybe there's some documentation still laying around.

I have some info for the system you have, they are easy to use and program. An easy upgrade would be to a Savant controller and keep all of the panels and get new keypads. If you are still looking let me know what you need.

Hoffrodcustom said:
I have some info for the system you have, they are easy to use and program. An easy upgrade would be to a Savant controller and keep all of the panels and get new keypads. If you are still looking let me know what you need.

Bringing this one back from the dead...  :)

You cannot apparently use the messaging system because you don't have enough posts.

You messaged me over a year ago here about LiteTouch/LiteWare.  I would like to upgrade, but depending on the cost, I might not be able to do that right now.  So, 2 things:

1. Ballpark, what does a new controller cost?
2. When I try to use LiteWare to download the programming from my existing Standard CCU, it says "Offsets are not consistent, do you want to continue?"  If I say yes, it just fails.

My programming cable is straight through on pins 2, 3 and 5; and then pins 7 and 8 are crossed.  Any ideas?  

Anyone else familiar with LiteWare/LiteTouch?

Can you get and set the clock?  If you can, then your cable works.

A new Savant controller should be around $3k, but you should be able to find controllers on ebay for around $800.  Unfortunately, those may have their own set of problems.

I heard a rumor that Savant has sold Liteware to Lutron.  What Lutron does with it is anyone's guess.

Back