Anyone tried the Houselinc Desktop Beta?

burntcrispy

I have, and I can't seem to get it to open any networks or discover a new one. I tried everything down to re-installing windows on a blank partition, and discovering a new network from scratch. (I can't seem to find a smiley pulling it's hair out, I guess its because there all already bald)

I have, and I can't seem to get it to open any networks or discover a new one. I tried everything down to re-installing windows on a blank partition, and discovering a new network from scratch. (I can't seem to find a smiley pulling it's hair out, I guess its because there all already bald)

What beta? What is the version #, and how did you obtain it? Any substantial differences?

Thanks!

There was an update a week ago that added join the beta test to the help menu.

The version # is 1.02.120.200.

It has a improved interface with room/virtual group support and icons on tabs and menus, other than that I can't say, as I can't discover devices or load saved networks.

There was an update a week ago that added join the beta test to the help menu.

The version # is 1.02.120.200.

It has a improved interface with room/virtual group support and icons on tabs and menus, other than that I can't say, as I can't discover devices or load saved networks.

Yeah - I originally notice that menu option and posted on SmartHome's forum about it. I forgot to check back, and now that link no longer works... guess I missed out!

Can you elaborate on room/virtual group support? What is that exactly?

Yeah, I didn't notice it myself until you posted it :D .

My join the beta still seems to work, and it just shows you a web page.

It looks like you can add device into room/virtual groups, than I am assuming you can drag that room/virtual group into responder pane, and you would only have to update that room/virtual group and download changes to network to change any switch/button that triggers the virtual group. It also allows you to organize your devices, as you can look and see what devices are in each room.

I will know more if I can ever get devices added, or loaded, but sadly still no luck :) .

Attached is a screen shot for those interested (doesn't look too much different).
houslincbeta.jpg

Back