Anyone tweaked an ms10a?

teh

I've read how people have hacked/tweaked the hawkeyes and various x10 motion sensors... has anyone ever hacked/tweaked the sensitivity on an ms10a? would the innards look the same as a hawkeye?

What other options would I have if I was trying to stop false alarms from a cat jumping on the back of a couch?

I considered getting a pet immune pir (wired) and hooking it up to an x10 door/window sensor... is this possible?

thanks.

rocco

teh said:
What other options would I have if I was trying to stop false alarms from a cat jumping on the back of a couch?
A heavy coat of axle grease on the back of the couch should solve the problem.

(oops, sorry!)

tech-home

what about placing the sensor higher up? Placement is really the key here.

Or do it easy with black tape by covering the sensor abit.

teh

I had actually thought about getting an ir beam type device... but i'm back to wondering how i can tie it in with homeseer (1.7) and whether I will have to use a door/window sensor in tandem with it.

I've read a lot of posts about positioning... and am not sure what else I can do that I've not done already, which is why I posted here.
|.......L..........|
|................x |
----------------
x marks the current position (against the wall) of the PIR,

w - window with drapes always closed
ac - ac/heat unit (hotel type)
fd - french doors with drapes always closed
L - imagine if you can, a much BIGGER L, like a sectional... thats what the cat hops on.

the french doors is really the entry point I'm most worried about.

teh

Yeah, I had tried that as well, but being behind and above the couch by only a foot to still catch someone at waist level was still letting the cat trip it....

Now I've tried a different approach... I have stuck it in the 6 inch space of wall between the french door and the left wall...

I've taped it to only have it "see" half the room, split diagonally from that x to the french doors... this seems to cover the area with the doors and the window...

testing now...