Anyone tweaked an ms10a?

teh

I've read how people have hacked/tweaked the hawkeyes and various x10 motion sensors... has anyone ever hacked/tweaked the sensitivity on an ms10a? would the innards look the same as a hawkeye?

What other options would I have if I was trying to stop false alarms from a cat jumping on the back of a couch?

I considered getting a pet immune pir (wired) and hooking it up to an x10 door/window sensor... is this possible?

thanks.

teh said:
What other options would I have if I was trying to stop false alarms from a cat jumping on the back of a couch?
A heavy coat of axle grease on the back of the couch should solve the problem.

(oops, sorry!)

what about placing the sensor higher up? Placement is really the key here.

Or do it easy with black tape by covering the sensor abit.

I had actually thought about getting an ir beam type device... but i'm back to wondering how i can tie it in with homeseer (1.7) and whether I will have to use a door/window sensor in tandem with it.

I've read a lot of posts about positioning... and am not sure what else I can do that I've not done already, which is why I posted here.
|.......L..........|
|................x |
----------------
x marks the current position (against the wall) of the PIR,

w - window with drapes always closed
ac - ac/heat unit (hotel type)
fd - french doors with drapes always closed
L - imagine if you can, a much BIGGER L, like a sectional... thats what the cat hops on.

the french doors is really the entry point I'm most worried about.

Yeah, I had tried that as well, but being behind and above the couch by only a foot to still catch someone at waist level was still letting the cat trip it....

Now I've tried a different approach... I have stuck it in the 6 inch space of wall between the french door and the left wall...

I've taped it to only have it "see" half the room, split diagonally from that x to the french doors... this seems to cover the area with the doors and the window...

testing now...

Back