Are you worried about the Corona Virus

• Yes

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
Cute song written about the virus and isolating. Worth listening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f7OwFqTnco&fbclid=IwAR0s7_O1NHXQArbt8MPHHYBRx1G9xrqFNnbidA118RId838vhzi2XcGwKa8

Things are getting a bit better here.  Local grocery stores are better stocked now.  Prices are higher now for whatever is on the shelves at the local groceries stores.

Amazon is back to 1 day deliveries.  

Morning and afternoon rush hour is starting to come back.

Some folks are wearing masks when driving around.  Elective surgeries are coming back.  

pete_c said:
Things are getting a bit better here.  Local grocery stores are better stocked now.  Prices are higher now for whatever is on the shelves at the local groceries stores.

Amazon is back to 1 day deliveries.  

Morning and afternoon rush hour is starting to come back.

Some folks are wearing masks when driving around.  Elective surgeries are coming back.  

As people start going  back to congregating and sharing the virus I feel the need to be more careful than ever. It looks like we are headed for herd immunity and I'd like to be one of the herd to survive it. Without a vaccine the only way to avoid the virus is to literally avoid the virus. Makes me think of lemmings following each other into the ocean.

Mike.

Understood Mike.  

Groceries stores are counting and letting in folks only with masks on.  For a week or so there were police parked in front of the groceries stores.

Went to a vacumn repair shop yesterday morning to repair one vacumn cleaner.  Very impressed with service picking it up in the afternoon.
Repair tech said business was slow. 

Went to doing a copy and paste of the Natural Selection Wiki and removed it.

Well here is a 100 item list posted of movies to watch...starting from 100 down....

Here only TV I watch is a movie every night.  Some nights though start to watch a movie, fade and go to sleep before the end of the movie.

100 - It Happened One Night (1934)

99 - The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)

98 - The Pianist (2002)

97 - The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)

96 - Do the Right Thing (1989)

95 - Whiplash (2014)

94 - Die Hard (1988)

93 - La Dolce Vita (1960)

92 - Once Upon a Time in America (1984)

91 - Vertigo (1958)

90 - Finding Nemo (2003)

LarrylLix said:
Cute song written about the virus and isolating. Worth listening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f7OwFqTnco&fbclid=IwAR0s7_O1NHXQArbt8MPHHYBRx1G9xrqFNnbidA118RId838vhzi2XcGwKa8
 I fell for this hook, line and sinker. The girl got right to the heart of the matter, she's an artist!

I am sure sooner or later somebody will associate with support for some political party. LOL

What else is there in life? LOL!

Sent using Tapatalk

mikefamig said:

As people start going  back to congregating and sharing the virus I feel the need to be more careful than ever. It looks like we are headed for herd immunity and I'd like to be one of the herd to survive it. Without a vaccine the only way to avoid the virus is to literally avoid the virus. Makes me think of lemmings following each other into the ocean.

Mike.
The most effective way to combat this virus is allowing your immune system to do it's job just like any other virus. Being exposed to it will develope antobodies in your system to guard against it. This is science fact. If you have immune deficiency from some existing diesease, then you are at high risk and should self quarentine. If you are a normal healthy person, this CCP virus poses no danger to you. Being outside is the best thing you can do for activating your immune system and building it's strength. Staying indoors is the worst thing you can do. Look at the data of SICK persons from CCP virus, and this bears out.  Listen to science, not politicians!

mikefamig said:

Mike.
The most effective way to combat this virus is allowing your immune system to do it's job just like any other virus. Being exposed to it will develope antobodies in your system to guard against it. This is science fact. If you have immune deficiency from some existing diesease, then you are at high risk and should self quarentine. If you are a normal healthy person, this CCP virus poses no danger to you. Being outside is the best thing you can do for activating your immune system and building it's strength. Staying indoors is the worst thing you can do. Look at the data of SICK persons from CCP virus, and this bears out.  Listen to science, not politicians!

LarrylLix said:
I am sure sooner or later somebody will associate with support for some political party. LOL What else is there in life? LOL! Sent using Tapatalk
Sooner

One party is betting on science and encouraging people to stay home while the other party is ignoring science and encouraging people to mingle. That is a fact regardless of where you stand on the subject.

bucko said:
I agree with this to a point. The young healthy people who go back to their normal lives will make this world a much more dangerous place for those less fortunate oldor ill people. The grocery store becomes more dangerous, the gas station, the mail in your mailbox. Everything has a greater likelihood of being contaminated.

Are we in this together or is it each man for himself? Do you believe in society?

Mike.

mikefamig said:
I agree with this to a point. The young healthy people who go back to their normal lives will make this world a much more dangerous place for those less fortunate oldor ill people. The grocery store becomes more dangerous, the gas station, the mail in your mailbox. Everything has a greater likelihood of being contaminated.

Are we in this together or is it each man for himself? Do you believe in society?

Mike.
Either way people have forgotten the plan. The plan was never to eliminate the virus, and it cannot be done by humans. The plan was to flatten the curve below the medical capabilities of our countries. "Flattening the curve" means no dips either which will only cause an unhandelable second, and maybe third wave. Right now, the medical care systems can handle more people, and they need "volunteers", but our governments and doctors don't want the public to realise this.

IOW: If I am going to get it, and it is likely I will eventually this year or next year, I want more medical research to be done, medical equipment and ventilators  available, and unlike Italy, I don't want to die in a hospital hallway or parking lot because we let it go wild and younger people get saved first.

However the politicians have run out of other subjects to make platforms with. Imagine two parties agreeing? LOL

The personal concern here is that a large majority of the population have difficulties understanding science and are not epidemiologist or immunologist.

The medical community (epidemiologies, immunologist, et al) are still learning the mechanics of the virus such that all we have to date are basic ground rules of any sort of viral epidemic.  (washing hands, social distancing, et al).

Many folks want the easy button solution which is a pill or injection or a bowl of hot chicken soup.  

That said many do understand baby speak and baby rules (most media, social media, night show hosts, A-Listers, politicians et al). 

EVERYBODYS immune system is unique; some better and some worst than others.   What will happen will happen no matter what.

Those that have normal or better than normal immune systems will not be affected (as mentioned above) and those which do not will be affected no matter if they always wear masks or not or stay at home or not or practice social distancing or not.  

Before this happened we already knew that there was no or little compliance of simple cleaning rules (disinfecting) on most of not all cruise ships or old folks homes or VA hospitals. 

It is very difficult to change the way some folks live and more so to mass enforce these rules after a month or two.

I mentioned natural selection earlier. 

That is the world of today here in the United States.

mikefamig said:

Mike.
When you think about it, nothing is very different than it was in February and early March. There is no vaccine; there is no effective treatment; testing is still inadequate to contain the spread; there is little in the way of contact tracing.

So the only thing that has slowed the spread of the virus is stay-at-home orders and social distancing.   The stay-at-home orders have been abandoned in many states (and were never issued in some states).   Many of those states have seen a 40% increase in the number of new cases over the last week or so.  (A hint of what's ahead.)

And it's clear that large numbers of people are unable to maintain social distancing precautions.  

The virus was spreading like wildfire when there were just a few thousand known cases,  Today, there are over 1.4 million cases in the US.   If even a small percentage of people ignore the social distancing recommendation, it will come roaring back.

But hey, the stock market is much more important.

RAL said:
When you think about it, nothing is very different than it was in February and early March. There is no vaccine; there is no effective treatment; testing is still inadequate to contain the spread; there is little in the way of contact tracing.

So the only thing that has slowed the spread of the virus is stay-at-home orders and social distancing.   The stay-at-home orders have been abandoned in many states (and were never issued in some states).   Many of those states have seen a 40% increase in the number of new cases over the last week or so.  (A hint of what's ahead.)

And it's clear that large numbers of people are unable to maintain social distancing precautions.  

The virus was spreading like wildfire when there were just a few thousand known cases,  Today, there are over 1.4 million cases in the US.   If even a small percentage of people ignore the social distancing recommendation, it will come roaring back.

But hey, the stock market is much more important.

Say Amen

Back