Austrailia's geekiest man...

Sorry, but his system seems to be SOOoooo in the stone ages compared to most of us around here! He talks about how nice it would be to have everything on a touch screen to be able to control it, he then goes on to say that one of his goals is to have a camera at the door, and the ability to see who is there..... (neither of which he has done yet) On top of that he never mentions once about being able to even remotely turn a light on or off....

If that truly is "Australia's geekiest man", then the Aussie's definitely have some catching up to do! :unsure:

If the person doing that article really wants something to write about, they need to check out some of the users here on the forums!

what a load of BS that article is. It is no surprise really when HA is not that big down here. Article like that make it worse as well - they make it look like that it is only DIY tinkeres that can get this sort of stuff working. i can name quite a few that have so much more integrated together in this country.

Looked more like a paid add to me.

Mick

what a load of BS that article is. It is no surprise really when HA is not that big down here. Article like that make it worse as well - they make it look like that it is only DIY tinkeres that can get this sort of stuff working. i can name quite a few that have so much more integrated together in this country.

Mick

I agree Mick!

Regards,

Fleetz

Mick

I agree Mick!

Regards,

Fleetz

That's not a motorized window treatment system! This is a motorized window treatment system!

--Dan

Crocodile Dundee does home automation. :)

Bingo!

It was from the line in the movie, where he was being mugged. The mugger pulled what looked like a swiss army knife, and demanded $$/wallet/whatever. Croc. calmly pulled his oversized bowie from his back holster and said, "That's not a knife, this is a knife!" Then proceeded to cut up the mugger's jacket and such.

--Dan

I actually think they guy is doing a lot of neat stuff. I also get the impression that the story was really just scratching the surface as to what they guy is doing.

Not bad for a guy who is writing his own scripts. Granted there are a lot of software packages out there that are doing as much or more than this. But still, not bad.....

From a CQC user.....

the press and media are notorious for not doing HA "justice". I read the article a while ago, but if this guy had voice recognition in place (to whatever level of quality) I am sure that the article would concentrate on that due to it's "cool" factor. In reality, IMHO, the real cool factor is when you can click a single "Nightime" switch (touchscreen or hard button - who cares) and not have to run around the house turning things off. But, maybe thats just not "cool" enough to write about.

Back