automating garage door

Ok so finally after months..I implemented the above solution. I have a contact that becomes violated when the door is open. I have the output 3 connected and works fine. I have setup the rules but need some more help with on doing the following:

Everytime the Zone3 (garage door) becomes violated I want the F1 key to blink and send text to the keypad "Garage Door is Open"

I was able to accomplish the send text but want it to go away when the garage door closes. In my case the text stays there till I press the * key....not big help.

So as long as the garage door is open the F1 key should blink and stop blinking once the door is closed and the same for the text. How do I do that????

regards,

Great job! I'll do this next time since today, I will install the wiring for the water flow valve. I'll post picture too later. :rolleyes:

Keep em comin'

noshali said:
Ok so finally after months..I implemented the above solution. I have a contact that becomes violated when the door is open. I have the output 3 connected and works fine. I have setup the rules but need some more help with on doing the following:

Everytime the Zone3 (garage door) becomes violated I want the F1 key to blink and send text to the keypad "Garage Door is Open"

I was able to accomplish the send text but want it to go away when the garage door closes. In my case the text stays there till I press the * key....not big help.

So as long as the garage door is open the F1 key should blink and stop blinking once the door is closed and the same for the text. How do I do that????

regards,
Thanks. Any feedback on the rules.

For the blinking...

This is in the Keypad setup (Keypads > Keypad#)
In the keypad screen in the section 'Definable keys", go to the Key# you want, like F1 and in the Illumination Event field change it to "4003=Zone 3 State" and check the box under "Blink Light". This will make F1 blink whenever Zone3 is not secure.

For the text, do this in rules, you will need 2...

'Send the text (defined in Texts section) to keypad when door opens. It will stay forever
WHENEVER Zone3 BECOMES NOT SECURE
THEN DISPLAY "Garage Door Is Open" IN AREA1 INDEFINITELY

'When Garage door is closed, then clear the message from the keypad
WHENEVER Zone3 BECOMES SECURE
THEN CLEAR PREVIOUSLY DISPLAYED MESSAGES ON KEYPADS IN Area1

That will clear all messages on the keypad correct? Is there anyway to clear just the "Garage Door Is Open" massage?

Yes, but since I don't think you can display more than one message at a time it is really a moot point, it will just clear the last message. I'm not entirely certain of the value of the text message anyway since a Function key will be flashing, but it should work fine.

Back