Bathroom RGBLED Lites

I actually like that, especially the idea of indicating some event has happened is pretty interesting.

Neat stuff Frank.

Like electron, I like the idea of the house "talking to you" via a light color change. Good ideas!!!

Let us know if you find any more DIY friendly items along this line, I would use them (house under const); but I really don't want to solder....I can barely use a "breadboard" :blink:

Steve said:
What if you are colorblind?
Steve if i was colour blind i would have put up 4 pics all with the same colour ;-)....Besides a colour blind Sparkie ... :)

Actually i was going to suggest what Smarty said "Flash Em" ....;-)

Smarty said:
Neat stuff Frank.

Like electron, I like the idea of the house "talking to you" via a light color change. Good ideas!!!

Let us know if you find any more DIY friendly items along this line, I would use them (house under const); but I really don't want to solder....I can barely use a "breadboard" :)
Hi Smarty

When Gerry gets his new RGBLED Board out im sure he will offer as he has done with his other boards a fully built board option .....so no need to solder .......

If your interested in my Homebrew strip i can take some pics of it and if you like it i can make one up for you for the price of the parts plus postage to the states ???...

Likewise with my Garden rgbled boxes .......

Frank

What would be really cool is to have an X-10 RF version of this that could be battery powered... since LEDs use such little power.

I'd imagine hacking up an X-10 RF receiver or something... Anyone have ideas on how this can be done?

Hi Aaron

Dont think the batteries would last long on my bathroom rgbled lites...If all leds are on and white selected thats approx......660mA........

Now what i think would be handy is having an rf interface ..so you can located the boards somewhere were you can get power to them but no need to get an control wires (serial comms)....

I think i will get a couple of these and try them out.........anybody used these units ??

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_i...roducts_id=7815

Frank

FrankMc said:
Hi Aaron

Dont think the batteries would last long on my bathroom rgbled lites...If all leds are on and white selected thats approx......660mA........

Now what i think would be handy is having an rf interface ..so you can located the boards somewhere were you can get power to them but no need to get an control wires (serial comms)....

I think i will get a couple of these and try them out.........anybody used these units ??

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_i...roducts_id=7815

Frank
Those RX/TX pairs look very promising. They seem to be an excellent solution to detect presence of say an auto in the garage. If I can find a source that say outputs just a 1 then 0, toggling every 5 seconds or so. Then on the RX side pass this 1 and 0 toggling into my HomeSeer and when the toggling stops HS knows the car is gone. Any ideas of a simple circuit that can drive the transmitter?

Back