Best way to control an outside light?

Frunple

Using UPB. What's the best way to control a light that will be outside and needs to come on at dusk, off at dawn.
I will be running a new 14/2 from my basement out to the light.
I'm thinking of terminating the wire in a box in basement, then breaking it out to a plug end that will plug into a lighting module.
Is there any better ways to do this??

I don't need info on the actual control of the light, just the physical connection.

Why not just go from the breaker to a box with a UPB switch then to the light. This would probably go over better with the electrical inspector and your insurance company. Plus if you ever needed to manually turn the light on or off you have a switch. Then just add 2 lines of automation in your Omni to turn the light on at dusk and off at dawn.

Yup, the problem (not really a problem but a hinderance) there is I don't have any extra switches available and I do have a few lighting modules.
I have been putting a list together for a worthington order, maybe I'll just add a few more switches.

Yup, the problem (not really a problem but a hinderance) there is I don't have any extra switches available and I do have a few lighting modules.
I have been putting a list together for a worthington order, maybe I'll just add a few more switches.

Put in the switch I would use the relay switch that way you can also use LED floods or bulbs the regular dimmers don't play nice with LED sometimes and since you don't need to dim it.

Back