bosch blue line motion sensor

Read up on speech in the M1 :D. You can use any built in phrase in the +Automation +Voice tree, the words you programmed for the zone itself, or some phrase you build in Miscellaneous. You can also record your own custom message with your own voice via the telephone... Here's an idea - load the Elk Manual Online instead of the paper copy. Then you can easily search for words in the pdf like speech, voice, etc and you can quickly locate all the good info the Elk folks took a long time to write ;). Don't get me wrong - don't mind helping, but you can probably get faster help and greater satisfaction by looking it up and learning (that's the same advice I always give my son and employees! :) ). We are always here to help with anything you don't understand.

hey folks, I need your experties on how I should mount my motion sensor. I have a picture of a blank face plate which I installed back when my house was still being built. Most of the motion sensors I've seen on my friends house are mounted in the corner. In my case, how will I mount it since I have a blank plate there?

blankfaceplate.jpg

gizzmo said:
Ripper99 said:
How can the motion sensor tell if pets hop on the counters or climb or the top of cupboards and not be tripped?..I have two large cats that like to climb :)
A 100lb pet resistant motion will still see a 60lb child. Dogs and cats have almost no heat signature on its legs and the body mass is horizontal. This infomation is embedded in a chip onboad which is used to discriminate between the two. Keep anythng an animal can climb on at least 6' away and stairs in the field of view are a no no. Hallways and doorways are best suited due to the lack of furnitue near the detector.
Thanks for the info gizzmo..my cats are big and they like to hop on the counters when we are out and one of them we have caught sleeping on top of the cupboards a few times so I wasnt quite sure how this would work.

B335-3 Low-profile Swivel-mount Bracket
Plastic, swivel, low profile bracket for walls. The
vertical pivot range is +10° to -20°; the horizontal
pivot range is ±25°. Shipped in packages of three.

B328-3 Gimbal-mount Bracket
Order Number B328-3
A gimbal-mount bracket that allows the
installer to rotate and swivel the detector.
Shipped in packages of three.

These are the brackets now you need to find a supplier.

rfdesq said:
B335-3 Low-profile Swivel-mount Bracket
Plastic, swivel, low profile bracket for walls. The
vertical pivot range is +10° to -20°; the horizontal
pivot range is ±25°. Shipped in packages of three.

B328-3 Gimbal-mount Bracket
Order Number B328-3
A gimbal-mount bracket that allows the
installer to rotate and swivel the detector.
Shipped in packages of three.

These are the brackets now you need to find a supplier.
I saw the latter on the Bosch Security manual. Yep, I need to find a store that sells it. I'll call bosch security. :)

Steve said:
electron said:
gizzmo said:
Ripper99 said:
How can the motion sensor tell if pets hop on the counters or climb or the top of cupboards and not be tripped?..I have two large cats that like to climb :)
A 100lb pet resistant motion will still see a 60lb child. Dogs and cats have almost no heat signature on its legs and the body mass is horizontal. This infomation is embedded in a chip onboad which is used to discriminate between the two. Keep anythng an animal can climb on at least 6' away and stairs in the field of view are a no no. Hallways and doorways are best suited due to the lack of furnitue near the detector.
great info, I always wondered how they made these pet proof.
That is good info, but I also thought pet friendly detectors also create a low zone near the floor where there is no 'signal'. If there is no 'signal' down there then there is nothing to trip it.
A detector mounted at 7' looking at a room doesn't really have a "low zone" because all zones are looking downward. In the old days we would mount a detector at 4' upside down so the zones looked out and travel upward as they left the detector. The industry responded with new lenses that looked out and not down and the "pet alley" lens was born. Now its all done with FM (freak'n magic)

Back