Brultech ECM plugin for Homeseer

tenholde

Tenholde - count me in. I'll be glad to test it for you.

Will

The first beta of a HomeSeer plugin that supports both the 1220 and 1240 is available for testing. I am primarily interested in the following feedback:

(1) installation experience
(2) any problems
(3) suggestions for functionality

I would appreciate help from anyone who is willing to test. Current functionality connects to ECM-1220 or ECM-1240 and tracks the values of the ECM-12xx power data in HomeSeer Devices.

The plugin will be available at no charge.

Please download at: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenHsEcm12xx

Comments please,

tenholde

Will

The first beta of a HomeSeer plugin that supports both the 1220 and 1240 is available for testing. I am primarily interested in the following feedback:

(2) any problems

I would appreciate help from anyone who is willing to test. Current functionality connects to ECM-1220 or ECM-1240 and tracks the values of the ECM-12xx power data in HomeSeer Devices.

Comments please,

tenholde

tenholde,

Hats off to you! Great looking Beta.

1) Installation was a snap.

2) No problems.

3) Feature considerations:

Track KWH device value
Calculate and Track Monthly Power Cost Device Value config with rate. Reset 1st of the month.
Trigger HS Event on exceedance.

Thanks for your hard work.

Will

Will

(2) any problems

Comments please,

tenholde

tenholde,

2) No problems.

Track KWH device value
Calculate and Track Monthly Power Cost Device Value config with rate. Reset 1st of the month.

Will

Thanks for your feedback. Do you have the 1220 or the 1240 ?

tenholde

Will

(2) any problems

Comments please,

tenholde

tenholde,

2) No problems.

Track KWH device value

Will

Thanks for your feedback. Do you have the 1220 or the 1240 ?

tenholde

I have a 1240.

And I broke your plug-in already. :D

I got it all setup, wrote scripts to total KWH and monthly cost, created nice graphs with chartdirector....then I just couldn't leave it well enough alone, I just had to change the Device Names for each channel to match the loads I am monitoring.

Your plug-in didn't like it at all. Stopped updating. I tried disabling plug-in, restarting HS, nothing..

Then I decide to disable the plug-in and delete the devices. Worked great, re-enabled your plug-in and it re-populates the next 10 device codes. Data is now reporting.

Unfortunatly, I wrote my scripts to get values from the old device codes. No problem here, but will there be a problem later on if you add more devices?

Should I start over again?

The first beta of a HomeSeer plugin that supports both the 1220 and 1240 is available for testing.
I assume this is for HS 2 only, right? That is understandable, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I have a 1240.

I got it all setup, wrote scripts to total KWH and monthly cost, created nice graphs with chartdirector....then I just couldn't leave it well enough alone, I just had to change the Device Names for each channel to match the loads I am monitoring.

Your plug-in didn't like it at all. Stopped updating. I tried disabling plug-in, restarting HS, nothing..

Then I decide to disable the plug-in and delete the devices. Worked great, re-enabled your plug-in and it re-populates the next 10 device codes. Data is now reporting.

Unfortunatly, I wrote my scripts to get values from the old device codes. No problem here, but will there be a problem later on if you add more devices?

The plugin checks if there are ANY devices created, and if there are NONE, it creates ALL of them. Hence, to recreate the devices, just delete all of them and restart. With this approach, new releases that add devices would require you to delete all of the old ones manually before installing the new release.

What product are you using for your charts?

I am working on adding a plugin property that would maintain a collection of data points for the last hour. You could then easily grab these data points for your charting scripts. I'm looking at a collection:

Public HourlyData As New Dictionary(Of DateTime, Double())

Key=date/time of datapoint
Value= Double() containing data points

Let me know what you think,

tenholde

I have a 1240.

The plugin checks if there are ANY devices created, and if there are NONE, it creates ALL of them. Hence, to recreate the devices, just delete all of them and restart. With this approach, new releases that add devices would require you to delete all of the old ones manually before installing the new release.

I am working on adding a plugin property that would maintain a collection of data points for the last hour. You could then easily grab these data points for your charting scripts. I'm looking at a collection:

tenholde

Okay, I ended using a SortedList -- more efficient. The updated plugin, with brief documentation of the new HourlyData property is at:
http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenHsEcm...stallation.aspx

tenholde

tenholde

I use chartdirector for charts and meters.

I extract device values to create these meters triggering vb scripts that runs every minute. Sample of amps meter script below:

Sub Main(parm as object)
dim curValue,value,m
dim cd as object
cd = CreateObject("ChartDirector.API")
curValue = hs.devicevalue ("%18")
value = (curValue)
m = (cd.AngularMeter(250, 125, cd.silverColor(), &H000000, 2))
Call m.setRoundedFrame()
Call m.setMeter(120, 100, 85, -90, 90)
Call m.setScale(0, 100, 10, 15, 5)
Call m.addZone(0, 20, 0, 85, &Hffff33)
Call m.addZone(20, 60, 0, 85, &H66ff66)
Call m.addZone(60, 100, 0, 85, &Hff6666)
Call m.addText(120, 70, "Amps", "arialbd.ttf", 12, cd.TextColor, cd.Center)
Call m.addText(200, 8, m.formatValue(curValue, "2"), "arial.ttf", 8, &H33ff33 _
).setBackground(&H000000, 0, -1)
Call m.addPointer(value, &H40666699, &H000000)
Call m.addTitle2(cd.TopLeft," House Amps","arialbd.ttf",8, &H000000)
m.makeChart("c:\program files\homeseer 2\html\images\HouseAmperage.jpg")
End Sub

HS_Energy_Page.jpg

It would be nice to not have to trigger an event and have the charts update with the plug-in if possible.

I am now using mcsTemperature plug-in to log and graph usage but am open to any new ideas.

tenholde

I use chartdirector for charts and meters.

I extract device values to create these meters triggering vb scripts that runs every minute. Sample of amps meter script below:

Sub Main(parm as object)
dim curValue,value,m
dim cd as object
cd = CreateObject("ChartDirector.API")
curValue = hs.devicevalue ("%18")
value = (curValue)
m = (cd.AngularMeter(250, 125, cd.silverColor(), &H000000, 2))
Call m.setRoundedFrame()
Call m.setMeter(120, 100, 85, -90, 90)
Call m.setScale(0, 100, 10, 15, 5)
Call m.addZone(0, 20, 0, 85, &Hffff33)
Call m.addZone(20, 60, 0, 85, &H66ff66)
Call m.addZone(60, 100, 0, 85, &Hff6666)
Call m.addText(120, 70, "Amps", "arialbd.ttf", 12, cd.TextColor, cd.Center)
Call m.addText(200, 8, m.formatValue(curValue, "2"), "arial.ttf", 8, &H33ff33 _
).setBackground(&H000000, 0, -1)
Call m.addPointer(value, &H40666699, &H000000)
Call m.addTitle2(cd.TopLeft," House Amps","arialbd.ttf",8, &H000000)
m.makeChart("c:\program files\homeseer 2\html\images\HouseAmperage.jpg")
End Sub

View attachment 2325

It would be nice to not have to trigger an event and have the charts update with the plug-in if possible.

I am now using mcsTemperature plug-in to log and graph usage but am open to any new ideas.

Do you have a link to where I can find out more about Chart Director?

tenholde

Will the HS plug-ins work with HSBasic? Which of course HomeSeer killed (and buried in the desert apparently...) about 1 or two months later :D

Not sure what you are asking -- do not know what HSBasic is.

I'm writing a plugin for HomeSeer that will create HS Devices for each of the ECM-12xx monitored values. I'm writing it in vb.net using MS Visual Studio 2008.

Making good progress. HS Devices are created and tracking ECM values. Just was able to connect a configuration page for the plugin. Should have an early beta available soon.

Let me know if anyone is interested in testing.

tenholde

HomeSeer "Basic" is (was) a Z-Wave only version of HomeSeer than retailed for $49.00 and didn't have all the extra stuff for X-10/Insteon etc. that I didn't really need (and couldn't rationalize for the $200.00 asking price for Homeseer 2...).

They really never provided a "version number" and provided little support.... They also apparently "killed it" using Black Government techniques that erased all traces of its previous existence...

I'm still using it because ThinkEssentials (for Z-Wave Control) seemingly can't come up with a "Sunset/Sunrise Offset Timer" feature...

I have a 1240.

tenholde

Okay, I ended using a SortedList -- more efficient. The updated plugin, with brief documentation of the new HourlyData property is at:

tenholde

I upgraded my version of tenEcmServer and tenHSPlugin last night and woke up to this and quite a few of these errors today while working in homeseer, usually one right after another. If I exit the error it shuts down HS.

So I have been clicking continue button. No harm, but it is starting to get annoying.

NET_Error.jpg

I have a 1240.

tenholde

tenholde

I upgraded my version of tenEcmServer and tenHSPlugin last night and woke up to this and quite a few of these errors today while working in homeseer, usually one right after another. If I exit the error it shuts down HS.

So I have been clicking continue button. No harm, but it is starting to get annoying.

View attachment 2327

Sorry about that. Even though the records are arriving no more frequently than 1 second apart, it looks like the timestamp (in seconds) can be duplicated in consecutive records. This happened to me this morning and I created a new version to trap the error and write it to the homesee log, and continue. Please send me a copy of the log records. I have not seen the error on my box since I put the trap in (of course). If what I surmise is correct, I can either drop records with duplicated timestamps, or change the format of the broadcast message timestamp to include fractions of a second. I want to see the log records before I proceed either way.

The updated version is at: http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenHsEcm...stallation.aspx

tenholde

Back