CADDX Wireless

upstatemike

I'm thinking of using CADDX wireless contacts to monitor some things that would be a pain to wire such as refrigerator doors and a garden gate. I notice Caddx makes a wireless receiver built right into a keypad (for about the same price as the keypad alone) and I was wondering if anybody is using these? Model is NX148ERF.

Would this be better than a stand alone receiver? It sure would be cheaper!

As long as it is compatible with your panel this should work. I dont use that keypad but I have used similar ones from Honeywell and Napco. They are great for installers since in the same time it takes to install a keypad the RF receiver is also installed.

It is also ideal if you are going to use Key-Fob's for remote control as you approach the house.

If you plan on installing an M1 in the future it would not be compatible.

If I use separate receivers is it better to get one 48 zone unit or a couple of 16 zone units spread around the house to pick up sensors in that area?

Most if not all systems can only have one RF Receiver. I think a few can have more than one receiver but they have to be the same configuration (the same 16 or 48 zones) so you cant have 16 on one and another 16 on another etc for a total of 32.

I dont know the GE line that well but they may have a repeater. I know Honeywell does.

Thanks, that makes it easier to plan... One 48 zone receiver and a repeater if needed. Should I put the receiver on the 3rd floor for better range or keep it closer to the center of the house? If I put it midway along the first floor it should be within 100 feet of most of the transmitters.

I am not an expert on the RF but try and keep the receiver so that there is the least amount of obstruction between it and the transmitters. By obstruction I mean metal objects, noise producing electronics, heat ducts etc.

One hundred feet of interior distance may not need a repeater but every installation location is unique in my opinion. I have a friend that is an installer and could not get an RF device to hit a receiver that was line of sight down a school hallway due to a lot of metal and also electronic noise in the area.

Back