• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Camcorder

noshali

Folks,

need suggestion in choosing a camcorder for the usual family stuff. I have not clue what to look for so if someone has recently purchased one and is happy/unhappy then would like to know.

Thanks for your help.

regards,

ver0776

What is your budget? Sony has a HD camcorder under $2000.

Anything under HD resolutions is all the same to me... Get a Canon on sale at Best Buy...

Vaughn

JeffCharger

If you get a DVD recorder, you can just pop the DVD in your computer and copy it onto a permanent and fullsize DVD. They will also play directly in your DVD player - no messing with wires.

noshali

Thanks. My budget is definitely not $2000. I liked the sony DVD one but was not sure on how long lasting it wuld be. I am a bit nervouse using one of thoese system as if the burner goes out or starts skipping etc then what other option would be left. Also, I have looked at the cheaper ones and all the reviews talk about bad quality indoors. It is ver importatn for us to have a camera that delivers very good results indoors.

By HD you meant Hard Disk or High Definition???

regards,