Can I use M1EXP with M1EZ8MSI and data bus wiring hub?

real3d

Hi all,

It has been about 5 years since I last posted here, but I know this is the place to get great help!

I have an M1EZ8 that I have been using for basic perimeter security and interior motion, and I use the M1EZ8MSI serial hub to connect for programming.  I have three keypads, but only one currently connected.  I want to setup my data bus wiring hub (M1DBH) to connect all the keypads with RJ45 connectors.  I'm going on a long vacation at the end of the week, and want to quickly buy a M1EXP so I can monitor my system remotely and send emails from the system to report any trouble.

Can I use these all together?  It looks like the M1XEP has to plug into my M1EZ8MSI.  So can the M1EZ8MSI plug into the data hub with the keypads, and the data hub will plug into the EZ8?

I read through the docs really fast, but didn't see that it clearly explained how I might get these three components to work with the EZ8.

This is an unmonitored system, so I want to be able to get email alerts if there is trouble, so I can alert a trusted neighbor to check on the house.

Thank you in advance for any help with this!

Best regards :)

malikrug said:
So can the M1EZ8MSI plug into the data hub with the keypads, and the data hub will plug into the EZ8?

No, leave the M1EZ8MSI connected as it is.  The M1EXP connects to the M1EZ8MSI.  The M1DBH connects to the M1EZ8 data bus; the M1EZ8MSI does not.

For programming, it's best to connect using Ethernet through your router.

Thanks for the info.  I was thinking the data hub plugged into the RJ45 connector on the ez8 where the MSI serial connector plugged in (J5).

I totally spaced out on the J10 connector of the hub.  I'll check things more carefully next time.  It was good to get a confirmation before I spend $180 on a component.

Cheers!

Back