Cant get a Homeseer/Elk-M1G Event to run. Help!

me2

Help!

I have a M1G with Insteon M1XSP, M1XEP, Homeseer with Insteon, Insteon plugin and M1 plugin. Also have a V572A. I have a few things working via the M1 and basic stuff works from Homeseer. Like a Eagleeye in the mailbox that the M1 announces “Mail”.

I can not get a simple event to run in Homeseer. It has to be something stupid that I am over looking. Weeks have gone by and I can’t figure it out. I reduced the problem to the simplest form.

I have an Eagleeye set to C4 and a X10 module set to C5. My event, named test1, is triggered by “received x10” “c4 on”. If I trigger the Eagleeye I see “x-10 sent by M1 : C04 on” but the event doesn’t trigger. The action should be, C5 on, wait 10 seconds, C5 off. ??????

I can turn C5 off and on from Homeseer, no problem. I can manually click on “run” the event and it works. What am I doing wrong?

Help!

I have a M1G with Insteon M1XSP, M1XEP, Homeseer with Insteon, Insteon plugin and M1 plugin. Also have a V572A. I have a few things working via the M1 and basic stuff works from Homeseer. Like a Eagleeye in the mailbox that the M1 announces “Mail”.

I can not get a simple event to run in Homeseer. It has to be something stupid that I am over looking. Weeks have gone by and I can’t figure it out. I reduced the problem to the simplest form.

I have an Eagleeye set to C4 and a X10 module set to C5. My event, named test1, is triggered by “received x10” “c4 on”. If I trigger the Eagleeye I see “x-10 sent by M1 : C04 on” but the event doesn’t trigger. The action should be, C5 on, wait 10 seconds, C5 off. ??????

I can turn C5 off and on from Homeseer, no problem. I can manually click on “run” the event and it works. What am I doing wrong?
Was the "C04 on" a typo? If not HomeSeer may not consider C04 on = C4 on

It sounds like the X-10 coming from the M1 panel is not the same as HomeSeer seeing the X-10 code on the powerline. Try a trigger like "C4 turned on".

It sounds like the X-10 coming from the M1 panel is not the same as HomeSeer seeing the X-10 code on the powerline. Try a trigger like "C4 turned on".

That did it.. Thanks.. Now back to the real problem, getting the front porch "togglelink" to turn on. Thank You!

PS:I should'a asked the experts allot sooner... :)

Help!

Was the "C04 on" a typo? If not HomeSeer may not consider C04 on = C4 on

Rupp

It is not a typo. Looking back thru the log this morning I see the M1 sends “x-10 sent by M1 : C04 on” In the "Lighting" section under "Automation" in
elkrp it shows "c4"??? I do not see anyway to tell the M1 to send c4 or c04???? And I don't see a way to tell Homeseer "c04".

Thanks, Jack

I think C04 and C4 is the same in homeseer. I did a test: &hs.SetDeviceStatus "C04", 2; and &hs.SetDeviceStatus "C4", 2; both change the status of C4.

Rupp

It is not a typo. Looking back thru the log this morning I see the M1 sends “x-10 sent by M1 : C04 on” In the "Lighting" section under "Automation" in
elkrp it shows "c4"??? I do not see anyway to tell the M1 to send c4 or c04???? And I don't see a way to tell Homeseer "c04".

Thanks, Jack

Hi Jack

I'd be interested to know how you go with the ELK plugin for HS. I too used the one in the updater and turned the X10 function on in the plugin and found that things in HS just slowed down due to all of the x10 being sent back and forth to the ELK. The event for palmpads toggling lights on my ethernet boards took 2-3 seconds to toggle rather than instant. I ended up turning this function off and used the task function instead. Not a good use of tasks however things got back to normal...

Pete

Back