Centralite LiteJet and OmniPro II

IndyBrian

Hello,

I have done an exhaustive internet search and since it is Sunday no tech support available, and I need a little help.

There is a good thread on here about Centralite and Omni integration, but it did not solve my issue.

I am trying to hook my LiteJet 48 to the Omnipro II, but I can not get them to communicate.  I am using a HAI 36A05-4 Serial Conectivity Adapter Kit, Omni Pro II firmware 3.11, Centralite is 7.0.

I am using HAI Dealer Access 3.0 to program.

I think I set all the install parameters correctly on each system.  When I send a command with Dealer Access I the see the light by serial poet 2 flash on the Omni Pro board, but no lights turn on.

Does anyone have any "gotchas" that they ran into when doing the integration?

Thanks.

Have you verified that the baud rate is set the to same value on both centralite's 3d party port and HAI? Are you connecting to the 3d party port on LiteJet? Is 36A05-4 the only cable between the systems?

picta said:
Have you verified that the baud rate is set the to same value on both centralite's 3d party port and HAI? Are you connecting to the 3d party port on LiteJet? Is 36A05-4 the only cable between the systems?
Yes I have reset the baud rate to 9600 on the LiteJet per the instructions, and OmniPro is set to 9600 by default.

I have my Russound communicating with the OmniPro on serial #1 so I switched it to Serial #2 to make sure it was working.  I also tested both cables and DB9 serial connectors on the Russound connection to make sure they all work.

I am currently connected to RS232 port #1 on Unit #1 of the LiteJet 48, this is the same port I plug the laptop in to program the LiteJet.  The only thing I did not try is to connect the OmniPro to the LiteJet 48 on RS232 Port #1 on unit #2.  

Is there a dedicated 3rd party port for the LiteJet?  I have not read anything about that.

Thanks for the help!

picta said:
Your setup sounds right to me, see if you can connect on the 2d port.
I was going to try that next, but that requires a trip to the store, Unit #2 is on the other side of the house, I need a longer RJ11 cable.

I have Elegance, not LiteJet, and on Elegance I cannot connect HAI to the same port that I use for programming, it has to be connected to either of the other 2 ports. The programming software uses a different protocol

LiteJet 48 has two RS232 ports on the board in each box.  Port #2 connects box #1 to box #2 on each board.

You have to connect to the #1 RS232 port in box #1 to program both units.

I just tried to connect on #1 RS232 port from box #2 and same result, no communication.

I am sure it is something simple that I am missing (I hope).

This is from LiteJet document:

"The LITEJET MCP can communicate with a third‐party device through two RS232 interfaces RS232‐1 when DIP Switch # 8 is ON, and RS232‐2."

So, you either can turn the DIP switch #8 ON or use the second RS232 port on the second board.

picta said:
This is from LiteJet document:

"The LITEJET MCP can communicate with a third‐party device through two RS232 interfaces RS232‐1 when DIP Switch # 8 is ON, and RS232‐2."

So, you either can turn the DIP switch #8 ON or use the second RS232 port on the second board.
After you mentioned your dedicated programming port, I started searching again and also read that document.  One of the install documents mentions using DIP switch #8 when you use the DIP switches with the old firmware to set the baud rate.  With the new firmware baud rate is set with the software and the document does not mention using switch #8.  

I just tried moving DIP Switch #8 to ON and still no control.  I did push the reset button after moving the switch.

The way I understand it, the DIP switch is not for baud rate, but rather to switch the comm protocols. You have to still set the baud rate. The only option I see remaining is to try port #2 on the second board. Or you could disconnect the second board and try port #2 on the first board.

Update after talking to Centralite.

First off tech support at Centralite is great!!  Very Professional and willing to help.

Second to PICTA thanks for trying to help me on Sunday when I posted.

The documentation on the Centralite website for LiteJet and OmniPro integration is not as new a the software and is lacking a bit in instruction.

I ended up using RS232 port #1 on Unit #1 of my  LiteJet 48 to connect to my OmniPro II.  It doesn't direct you to switch DIP Switch #8 to on after programing the LiteJet via RS232 port #1 but you need to do this, and then push the reset button.  To skip having to do this every time it is recommend that you connect to OmniPro via RS232 Port #1 on Unit #2 as you can only program the LiteJet via RS232 Port #1 on Unit #1.  This will save you from having to switch the DIP Switch every time you need to reprogram.

Each light (load) on the LiteJet has a box that needs to be checked in the LiteJet programming software to tell the LiteJet to send status and receive commands from Omni Pro.  I did not read this in any of the documentation and it is on the lights page of the LiteJet programming software.  The same is true for the LiteJet buttons, the buttons page has a radio box that need to be set to on if you want to have the buttons in your house associated with the OmniPro do anything.  The default setting for both functions is off.

Side note:  I have the Haiku app for the iPhone and I now have full control and status reporting of the lights in my house on my iPhone.  I think this app has almost the same functionality of the HAI app, but it had better reviews so I chose it over the HAI app.

I will stay subscribed to this thread in case anyone has any questions.

Back