CES Info

That is clearly a fraud. The actual final product is shown here, and is clearly much more stylish.

Attachments

• file0003704.gif
    file0003704.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 90
acheslow said:
That is clearly a fraud. The actual final product is shown here, and is clearly much more stylish.
Actually, acheslow, I like the remote in the picture you posted a lot better. I'm not making that up, either!

It's a shame, seeing modern remotes like Harmony and now Sideshow remotes (http://www.engadget.com/photos/hands-on-with-a-bunch-of-sideshow-remotes), it looks like a remote from 20 years ago.

I bet that SmartHome realizes that the majority of users want to use their own remotes (such as Harmony, etc.) and they just want to get the technology out into the market. :blink: This remote could provide a recognizable branded product in a crowded market but is really only a tool to get SmartHome and Insteon recognized.

It is obvious that many here don't like the looks but they now know that this is probably close to the final RemoteLinc and therefore everyone recognizes it!! ^_^

BraveSirRobbin said:
Xpendable said:
HLS said:
Is that wire a security cable or is this a "wired" remote????  :blink:
That's not a wire. It's the trim from the couch in the background.
Correct. How did you know that BTW, were you at the booth (or just exceptionally observant)? ^_^
No, I wasn't at the booth, and I'm not at CES2007. I'm just a keen observer, I guess! ;) I admit that at first I thought it was a wire, but when I looked more closely, I could see that it was the trim from the couch.

Could someone please post a list of the Insteon devices they are displaying at the show? Is there anything that looks like an IR Bridge?

That remote undoubtedly uses RF-only, so I'm not going to be able to teach the commands to my MX3000 with it. I'm looking for a bridge device that will translate IR commands to Insteon.

Sean

So you're saying the only new thing they are showing is the remote and nothing else? Sorry -- that wasn't clear to me.

Sean

splogue said:
So you're saying the only new thing they are showing is the remote and nothing else? Sorry -- that wasn't clear to me.

Sean
No, I'm saying you have to wait till I get a chance to publish the report... :blink:

No, I'm saying you have to wait till I get a chance to publish the report...

But its been like .. uh.. 24 hours already dude :blink:

Just had to bust your chops.... look forward to seeing it!

I hope that thing is just a prototype. ^_^ If not looks like I keep my X10 RF Remotes and RR501 for awhile longer. :blink:

Back