Cheap Uplink AnyNet modules

DeLicious

I won't post any ebay links, but I just got notified from ebay that there are 6 Uplink AnyNET modules for $50 buy-it-now ($35 initial bid). This is half the normal price that I see them for on ebay. If you were thinking about going for cellular monitoring, this might be the push you need. You should be aware that they do NOT come with the necessary connector to hook to your Elk XSP, but neither do new units, so that's not a big deal. Hope this helps somebody out.

I won't post any ebay links, but I just got notified from ebay that there are 6 Uplink AnyNET modules for $50 buy-it-now ($35 initial bid). This is half the normal price that I see them for on ebay. If you were thinking about going for cellular monitoring, this might be the push you need. You should be aware that they do NOT come with the necessary connector to hook to your Elk XSP, but neither do new units, so that's not a big deal. Hope this helps somebody out.

Is it with common carriers such as verizon/att? And if not, What would the monthly charge for the cell service be?

no, typically you would connect it through your security provider/monitoring company. mine was activated by NextAlarm, and I pay the usual monthly NA fee plus an extra $7 per month for cellular monitoring. there have also been reports of people activating it directly through Uplink by signing up as a dealer, and only paying $5 a month for the service (plus their usual monitoring fees).

just for clarification, it's not really like a cell phone in that it doesn't place the calls over cellular networks and have the tones like it would on a land line. rather, it works over the data networks and sends the information directly to the monitoring company.

These appear to be the desired digital units, right? My brief research shows that the keyword is "AnyNet" which means digital, whereas "digicell" can be an analog unit (such as the now undesirable analog 1500 & 1650 models.

Is there a source for the Uplink-to-XSP cable yet?

Do these function as your primary or secondary notification methods? Since the billing appears to be flat rate, is there any drawback to using it as your primary? IIRC, one of the minor drawbacks to Telular was that it was more expensive as a primary or high activity service.

Can anybody add comments to the pros/cons of doing this via NextAlarm versus starting a new account with UpLink directly? If you use NextAlarm, can you check your signals like UpLink does? http://www.uplink.com/DEALERS/faq.asp#signals

Yes, these are the digital units. I can't believe somebody is selling them for so cheap. As for a Uplink-to-XSP cable, I had someone here on CT make it for me... he was very nice to do it as a favor and I don't want other people to deluge him with requests, so I will leave it up to him if he wants to post his availability. The only reason I had him do it was I could not find the proper sized connector at my local Fry's, otherwise, I might have been able to do it myself.

I personally use the Uplink as my primary notification system. I see no drawbacks since it is a flat rate and everything gets reported to NA. You can either log on to NA to check the signals, or additionally have NA send you emails when certain events are received through e-Notify.

I personally use the Uplink as my primary notification system. I see no drawbacks since it is a flat rate and everything gets reported to NA. You can either log on to NA to check the signals, or additionally have NA send you emails when certain events are received through e-Notify.
When you log into NA, can you see the "event, signal strength, device state, and the dipswitch settings" and the "Messages, Methods, Destinations and Results" like you apparently can with UpLink? As a DIYer, I think that information would be helpful at times.

These appear to be the desired digital units, right? My brief research shows that the keyword is "AnyNet" which means digital, whereas "digicell" can be an analog unit (such as the now undesirable analog 1500 & 1650 models.

Do these function as your primary or secondary notification methods? Since the billing appears to be flat rate, is there any drawback to using it as your primary? IIRC, one of the minor drawbacks to Telular was that it was more expensive as a primary or high activity service.

Can anybody add comments to the pros/cons of doing this via NextAlarm versus starting a new account with UpLink directly? If you use NextAlarm, can you check your signals like UpLink does? http://www.uplink.com/DEALERS/faq.asp#signals

I was the one who made the Interface cable ankd ship it to "Delicious" at no cost to him.

You can use Uplink as your primary,however, I believe if you have rules say Whenever xxx happens THEN call your cell phone AND announce xxx it will NOT work.

To sign up with UPLINK directly you have to be dealer

With UPLINK directly you can see EVERYTHING

Back